TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Mikey
Why don't you try and contact them Doc?

PS I've posted a larger copy now.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Legsfan
Personally I contacted them, but didn't get any reply.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

I did, that's how we got the pictures from The Night uploaded.
I'm watching their Facebook and Twitter feeds for any updates.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Mikey
I'll give it a go later.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

As it's now over 4 years since the Vicar and Levine tapes were shown by Kaleidoscope, all except one of the performances have now changed to red. Barbados was shown again at MBW, I think there was another 'Vicar' routine shown the same day as there were 2 TOTP recovered shows played, can anyone remember what it was?
Edit: found it, it was No Woman No Cry.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PansLegs
Doc wrote
As it's now over 4 years since the Vicar and Levine tapes were shown by Kaleidoscope, all except one of the performances have now changed to red. Barbados was shown again at MBW, I think there was another 'Vicar' routine shown the same day as there were 2 TOTP recovered shows played, can anyone remember what it was?
Edit: found it, it was No Woman No Cry.
Aren't they seen annually at the OFTDs get togethers ?

By the way Doc, would you like any improved thumbnails for your tables without UK Gold logos, timecode etc?

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

AC/PD
PansLegs wrote
?By the way Doc, would you like any improved thumbnails for your tables without UK Gold logos, timecode etc?
May as well just send the routines across as mp4's , Mr Legs.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Only public showings count.
Any improvement is always welcome.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PansLegs
I tried to keep the same frame you chose.

1976. I'll do more when I can.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PansLegs
AC/PD wrote
May as well just send the routines across as mp4's , Mr Legs.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

PansLegs wrote
Aren't they seen annually at the OFTDs get togethers ?
Maybe you would like to host a OFTDs event Panslegs. As our resident film restorer and colourist (yes ive seen your work on other sites) surely such an event would be the perfect venture for you to show all of us lot your impressive collection of rare and restored Pans and Legs.

Why bother to eagerly drip feed us with screengrabs on your caps thread when you could show them in all there moving glory. Ive held 4 such events and found them to be really enjoyable. My aim especially in the early days was to give others who were not so fortunate to have a private collection the chance to watch the stuff in a controlled environment. The £400 room hire, projection hire and catering costs was worth it just to see forum buddies having a great time.

I'm guessing you live in London. Travel will be no problem to most of us. If cost is an issue, i for one would stump up some funds to help out. So how about it. Are you up for it or are you one of these folk who just like to give out picture teasers and keep the good stuff to yourself.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Thanks for that, I'll load them later today.
Recently I've managed to get hold of vastly improved versions of many of them, however I have to say I'm envious of your Silver Star, I just can't compete with that one!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
The 1975 has been updated with a new easier to change table.
The reason for the restricted width of the new version is comply with the width that YMG's site allows the forum topics to be displayed (roughly 900 pixels).

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
I am not sure if this is of any interest to you, but the new Bobbie Gentry box set "The Girl From Chickasaw County" includes a track that is labelled "If You Gotta Make A Fool Of Somebody (Live On Top Of The Pops)". As the song was performed just the once on TOTP, it means that an audio version of this backing routine exists. Unfortunately the track does not include any DJ links.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
As a picture also exists I've noted the audio recording as well.

1974 has now also received a revamped table, which now includes if it was wiped by the BBC and where the routines were found.