TOTP ROUTINES THAT STILL EXIST AND POSSIBLE SURVIVALS

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pauly21
JEZ wrote
Hi pauly21,are you the guy with the website that features info on episodes of lift off with ayshea ,45, supersonic etc ,if so it is a briiliant site ,that ive visited often ,i wanted to contact you last year ,with some new info on lift off with ayshea 1973 episodes where there were gaps ,only a bloke called cornershop did some excellent research for me on the guests etc from the show ,i myself from memory ,where there is no info for the 2nd of january episode of 45 ,can remember that on this edition ,they showed what they called the best of 45 from 1974 editions ,and included groups ,bay ,city rolers,geordie,sparks , cockney rebel ,and artists leo sayer,alvin stardust,and dance troupe zigzag ,anyway i hope it is you that owns the website ,only ive just waffled on to the wrong person lol
Hi, yes i'm the one with the website.
Any information on the shows listed are always welcome. The aim of my website has always been to inform/keep the profiles of these shows in the spotlight, and to provide a useful resource for people to know what exists and what doesn't exist

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Thanks BB, have this already queued for future playback on the channel, but taking a break from it to catch up with some reviews and moving stuff to the blog

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

yes just saw that myself, whats the big deal, only MEF are moaning bout it in there secret squirrel club....

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

JEZ
Hi paul ,what is the best way to send the info on lift off and 45 ,e mail you from here or do you want to message me

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pauly21
JEZ wrote
Hi paul ,what is the best way to send the info on lift off and 45 ,e mail you from here or do you want to message me
Best to e-mail me from here Jez

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
Paul, I've used your "Supersonic" page quite a lot, it's a great resource, many thanks! I have the vast majority of these episodes in my collection and I've noticed some errors in your listings, mostly it's song titles that are not correct (some guessed I presume, for example America and Dean Ford on episode 5 are listed with incorrect song titles). Are you interested in corrections or is this just a side project of minor importance?

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pauly21
VintageVideos wrote
Paul, I've used your "Supersonic" page quite a lot, it's a great resource, many thanks! I have the vast majority of these episodes in my collection and I've noticed some errors in your listings, mostly it's song titles that are not correct (some guessed I presume, for example America and Dean Ford on episode 5 are listed with incorrect song titles). Are you interested in corrections or is this just a side project of minor importance?
Yes, all corrections are welcome, yes i guessed the titles originally. Please post and i'll correct them.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

BeautifulBabs
Hi Pauly21 not sure anyone's said this so far but welcome you to the forum and happy new year- your contributions are most welcome here.

Hi paul i have e mailed you with a list of episode guides for the lift off with ayshea series 1973 ,please check your junk mail inbox to see if the message has gone to there ,as so often happens when first sending messages on here ,cheers

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Pauly21
Thanks for the welcome.

Have recieved the mail and will update this week, thanks.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

I've started to add some screen grabs from the available clips.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/HELP-US-Missing-routines-that-may-still-exist-tp4009910p4009911.html
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

BeautifulBabs
Unless they wore the same outfits two weeks running or two routines in one show 'Mama told me not to come' might just be a bbc dubover of the love you save 13/8/70 as the outfits are the same.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Doc
Looks like the dubbers have caught me out there!
PP.com agree with you about the routine as they have a similar picture for The Jacksons song although the Popscene database shows the complete 13/08/70 shown as being wiped. According to Popscene a video for the Three Dog Night song does exist but it does not say anything about Pans People being in it. As the picture is obviously in the studio I've edited the post to say it is The Love You Save. I don't suppose anyone has seen the Three Dog video as I can probably then eliminate it from the list?
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
Ray Langstone (Saintsray) from the missing episodes forum has confirmed early last year that a performance of Pan's People dancing to "Mama Told Me" from 20/08/1970 exists in the BBC archives:

http://missingepisodes.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=totp&action=display&thread=6959&page=1

So it's safe to leave it in the list.

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

hi doc ,bb .and v v ,yes this overdub of the love you save did confuse quite a lot of people and fooled them ,id previously seen the undubbed version a few years back ,when someone posted about 20 seconds of pans dancing to the love you save on youtube ,then it was removed and an overdubbed song of mama told me not to come ,when ray posted on pp ,com early last year to say that this and a few more of early pans routines had been located ,a member called pp4ever ,stated to ray on the 1970 routine thread over on pp,com, then that this was definitley an overdub of the love you save ,and that pans hadnt danced to mama told me not to come at all ,now pp4ever for me as always known his stuff concerning pp routines ,especially their early stuff ,also it was said that ,mama told me not to come clip ,had been sent last year to the bbc along with smarty pants ,i wanna dance wit choo etc ,for the documentary that was covering  the bbc studios and pp took part ,but the clip that was shown was the tune to mama told me ,but the dance was infact ,the love you save ,dubbed over ,i know that the clip of 3 dog night performing the song on totp as supposed to have turned up ,but not a clip of pp dancing to the song ,as im aware of ,has ,anyone the clip with white caps is definitley ,the love you save ,as you already know ,any update off ray about the other song ,definitley being a proper pp routine would be very welcome ,many thanks ,sorry rays post on pp site was internal bbc clips totp that the discussion about this song was

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
Thanks JEZ, I did wonder as Pan's People already danced to "Tears of a Clown" on 20/08/1970, so "Mama Told Me" would have been a second routine in the same show which was very unusual at the time.
Just goes to show how easy people can get fooled by those overdubs!

Yes VV I thought so too as I posted earlier but the dub in this case seems to be from the bbc - a 1st I think but unless we have the love you save, mama, and tears of a clown its hard to be certain. and congrats on your quiz win btw

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

VintageVideos
I remember when the dub was shown on "Tales from Television Center", and everyone on PP.com mentioned that an excerpt of "The Love You Save" had been used, I looked so hard for it but couldn't find it, because I didn't know then it was overdubbed with "Mama Told Me".

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Andeebee
it would mean that it was handed back to BBC as dubbed (by someone else) I don't think the BBC redub their clips, but I could be wrong...

Re: Missing routines that may still exist

Suefan
Not sure but I think the "Mama..." was a Bob Pratt dub, so done in house for whatever reason.