Quantcast

TOTPs 21/04/17 (Originally aired 22/09/83)

TOTPs 21/04/17 (Originally aired 22/09/83)

22-09-83 Introduced by Simon Bates and Mike Read. (Thanks to POPSCENE for the running order)

(44)  Howard Jones - New Love
(8)    David Bowie - Modern Love (video)
(41)  Hot Chocolate - Tears On The Telephone
(29)  Toyah Willcox - Rebel Run (video)
(50)  The Alarm - 68 Guns
(45)  Nick Heyward - Blue Hat For A Blue Day
(9)    Status Quo - Ol' Rag Blues (video)
(21)  Soft Cell - Soul Inside
(17)  Heaven 17 - Crushed By The Wheels Of Industry (video)
(1)    Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
(26)  Hot Streak - Body Work (audience dancing/credits)

Here we have Simin Bates and Mike Read who have always been popular with TOTP viewers as both have interacted with our Rosie at some point in their time on TOTP. However, no Legs on this edition, so we have another TOTP 1983 edition delivered to us by our okay friends at BBC Four.

Howard Jones kicks off the show with a song which I know too well after watching this edition earlier this evening!

David Bowie always releases great songs and this is no exception. The Let's Dance album is really a remembered one from 1983.

Hot Chocolate have been going strong for many years now and they ain't showing any signs of stopping!

It's no mystery why Toyah is back on TOTP  as she always releases something good.

The Alarm aren't one of the big names on the show, but they have made a lasting impression.

Nick Heyward won't sing live after his fail performance earlier in the year!

Status Quo are the hit makers of many decades. I thought they were over in 1981, but I was wrong!

Soft Cell are trying to get another number one after success earlier in the year.

Heaven 17 have tempted me to listen to another one of their songs!

Culture Club are back at number one with one of the 1980s most remembered songs.

Hot Streak are concluding the show!

This is also the last BBC Four edition that has Flick Colby's name on the credits. So sad

The next Top of the Pops is introduced by Dave Lee Travis and Tommy Vance, so we will be skipping the 29/09 edition on BBC Four.

Next Thursday's Top of the Pops will be introduced by Simon Bates and Mike Read.

BBC Four's twitter posted this about Flick Colby.

This is very sad to see, this lady was a true talent and must be remembered.

That lady has given a lot of joy

Sure has, and it is our duty as fans to keep her work alive.

A really good show.  Loved it all.  Never heard Toyah's or Soft Cell's tracks until today.  The best video goes to Heaven 17 though.  Brought back memories with the manual typewriters.  Noticed Flick's name on the credits and sad that it was the end.  They could have had her on the show really to say goodbye and present her with flowers and goodbye gifts but I get the distinct feeling that she was a private person.

Whoops I didn't mean for  to be in the first post!
It should have been