TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Who's That Hurll
As much as I like the giant transistor radio on this set, I would be very surprised if this had been built purely for Legs & Co and this routine. I wonder which other shows used it?
The six different party dresses look nice, with lovely variations in colour and the dancing is amongst the best I've seen up to this point. The groups of two or three work intricately together, with funky dance moves combined with the more traditional twirls and high kicks.
9.25/10 DOTD Rosie.

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Dancer
I absolutely love this song.  The 12" version is even better with a huge bass in the middle.  The perfect disco song and the dance the girls did to this was just beautiful.  I loved the fixtures and fittings and the outfits.  Each one gave an excellent performance and seemed to enjoy themselves too.  The dance itself gets a big ten out of ten from me as it is a beautiful dance and one that can be replicated.  Best dancer is difficult but I will opt for Rosie as she did the last solo part beautifully with Gill.  Well done girls.  Memorable.

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

This is another one of those songs that I wasn't familiar with until watching this performance, but it's a catchy little number that I do quite like. As for our lovely ladies I like them all too in this routine, lovely matching silk dresses in different colours, although it does appear that Rosie has her bow tied on the opposite side to the rest of the girls! A very literal routine which I always love, but as someone else pointed out, I'm sure the dial the girls are turning would in fact be for tuning the radio, with the volume and bass being the two either side at the bottom, but that's just an observation and not me being picky. I also like early on where we have Rosie and Lulu at the front before re-joining the others and then dancing in threes, but the highlight for me is near the end with Gill and Rosie, who do a kind of shimmy and some
high kicking, always another favourite of mine in any routine!

Rating 9/10

DOTD Rosie

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

GiLuRo wrote
although it does appear that Rosie has her bow tied on the opposite side to the rest of the girls!
Thats a good spot GiLuRo, 10 out of 10 for your observation on that.

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

Everything'sRosie
One of the more literal dances, and yes, we really do get to see the music being turned up. Brilliant. And I think the giant radio prop is cool, full marks to the chippies for knocking that up. The girls look to be having a ball in their satin party dresses, heck, even DLT has gone down the silk road! The record is a superb disco number which I remember fondly, and the routine is a lively, albeit not exactly challenging, feel-good performance.
8.5/10
And for DOTD the ever joyous Rosie

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

The Rubberband Man
I like this record. In fact, I’ve got The Player’s Association LP with this track on it somewhere.

I like all the knob twiddling in a clockwise direction that’s going on – that’s a big dial; no wonder it needs two to turn it, or is it just a bit stiff? I like to see the girls getting down, and getting up, and I like the stuff they do in pairs or in threes. The dresses are lovely, the smiles are gorgeous, and the girls look fantastic.

Andeebee has done a great job with the video, but the lack of a broadcast in BBC Four HD quality takes the sparkle off this dance sequence a bit.

9/10
DOTD: Rosie

Re: TURN THE MUSIC UP [March}

The Rubberband Man wrote
Andeebee has done a great job with the video,
Now theres a name i haven't heard for a while. I agree he did a fine job with all the Legs/Pans/Ruby vids on YT & DM, very much his legacy leaving them for folk to easily click-on and hopefully to draw them in.

As for this routine. Im pleased you both choose Rosie for DOTD. She was quite scintillating in this and very much catches the eye of the viewer.