TURN TO STONE -- [November]

TURN TO STONE  Dance number 72 by Legs & Co
Performed by ELO and reaching number 18 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 17/11/77 Duration of dance --  2.08 mins
Dancers --  Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue

Pauline 68            Gill 65
Lulu 67                Patti 65
Rosie 66              Sue 65
A link to the dance http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24um9o_legs-co-turn-to-stone-totp-tx-17-11-1977_creation

Another rip roaring song for Legs & Co to dance to, surprised it didn't reach higher than 18 in the charts. Although the choreography wasn't all that taxing, basically running about, jumping, kicking etc, it still provides pleasing viewing. The six cave-girls are decked out in sexy short dresses and dance and cavort around polystyrene stalagmites. Who needs expensive sets when these 6 are `Rock`ing up ! I cant quite go to 9 so its going to be 8.75 out of 10 from me.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Andeebee
I'll give it a 10 (would of been 8 - but Sue makes up the other two extra points, see looks really 'rocking' in red - her week off has given her an extra energy boost) - I love the song (one of my favs from the 'Out Of The Blue' LP) yes the routine isn't much cop (much better than the previous weeks 'How Deep is Your Love'), but it makes up for it for being really energetic and fun.

Full review and thoughts of this routine is found on the channel.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

PattiForPM
This performance is full of fun and the ladies look as if they're playing some kind of delightfully naughty game while Flick is looking the other way.  The cave is an amusing setting and there's a really good verb to describe the movement of that large stalgmite but I can't quite bring myself to write it on this family site.  Moving along quickly, this is a really enjoyable way to spend about 3 minutes so I have to give credit for another 8.5/10

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Suefan
High marks for the fast paced fun, tight pants and silver boots.  Less keen on the set though so its an 8 from me.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Thankfully Legs & Co. don't Turn To Stone in this dance routine, which has become a casualty of the JImmy Savile boycott. Once again, Flick's playing the literal card, the set features a stone circle, with tall pointed columns, & the girls are dancing around them, not much to say about the costumes, let's just say, top-halves completely covered, but bottom-halves, rather bare, but all the better for seeing those long slender legs. I don't know what everyone else thinks, but this has to be the first time that we see Lulu's new look with her perm.
A shame really that no BBC Four broadcast, means that we don't get to see a better quality video, without all of that macro-blocking, typical of low bit-rate YouTube video clips.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Andeebee
another quality low kick from Justin against the YT channel - why do I bother to up load them

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Wait, I just played the copy from my itunes library to asses the dance routine, not the one you've put on your Youtube channel, I now notice that your version has better PQ, & no annoying 'UK GOLD' DOG, so if i've offended you, then I apologise. Please do continue with these uploads, you're provided a very worthwhile service.
Now I just need to replace my copy with yours.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Andeebee
Apology not needed Justin, just want folks to bear in mind, it takes awhile to source decent copies (some have to be redubbed) and most need the picture tweaked.  For instance the 'Getting Ready For Love' routine can only be sourced from UKGold VHS copy, but has been heavily corrected (read the notes on the channel - that'll say what I had to do)

At the moment and for a weeks at least I will redo the Savile and DLT clips alot better (now have the suite to do it with) but it takes time and alot of hair pulling and cursing and tutting.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Paperboyplod
Let's hope that you don't need to re-do many DLT episodes.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Old Bill
This is a smasher! I love it. Sue is amazing - she's having a ball, and you can't help but feel the fun. Patti is steaming my eyes up as usual and Lulu is as adorable as ever , although I'm missing her shorter hair already.

Lovely little outfits, and a good song. Although it does look like some of the geological formations are joining in the dancing too!

9/10 please!
Jeremiah 31:13
Stu

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Stu
Love the fun routines, when the girls look happy it makes me happy. :-)

8.5/10

Stuey

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

VintageVideos
A good track and a good routine. Not one of my favourites but a solid 8.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Doc
A nice high paced routine. I think the long stalagmite in the background was competing for dotd! Well worthy of a 9.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

PaulF
Set a bit wobbly but a good routine and all the girls looking good. Return of Sue raises this from a 7 to 8/10.
Paul

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Gorgeous Daze
A jaunty routine among those literal and wobbly stalagmites and stalactites. But the micro-short cave-girl dresses and gold boots show they're evolving very nicely thank you very much. It's always nice to see the girls full of smiles, but this could have done with an extra spark of imagination to make a short routine more memorable.  7.25/10

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
6.5/10

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
There is a real feel good feeling about this performance.  It might help as well that I am a big ELO fan so love the song. Some of the set props seem a bit unstable but don't affect the performance.  The girls all look great and perform a high tempo dance with aplomb.  This gets 9 out of 10.

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Angie
Yes a good routine....rock around the stalagmites/stalactites! High tempo stuff!

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
I think this feel good track was strong enough on its own without being based around a rock formation. The number suited the high intensity of the routine but it became an obstacle course plus Sue nearly put the boot in on someone’s head as they ran by in a crouched position. 8/10

Re: TURN TO STONE -- 1977

Colm
Everything blends in nicely here: good song, great set and scenario, and lovely and fun movements. Plenty of energy and a pleasure to view.

Score: 9
12