TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

Simon/Yes It's Number One
From the BBC Programme Informaton:

Monday 19 December
BBC RADIO 2

Dance Season - Super Troupers

Radio 2's Dance Season continues with Arlene Phillips looking back at the rise and fall of the television dance troupes - the Beat Girls, Go Jos, Ruby Flipper, Legs and Co, and the most famous of them all, Pan's People.

For more than two decades, no television music show was complete without its own troupe of glamorous dancers. The girls - and sometimes boys - became stars in their own right, such as Sarah Brightman.

Choreographer and Hot Gossip founder Arlene talks to some of the dancers and producers behind the routines, telling the story of dance troupes from shaky beginnings live on black and white TV to their demise at the hands of the million dollar music video.

Arlene said, "I'm thrilled that Radio 2 has given me the opportunity to present a programme on a subject I feel so passionate about. I can't wait to delve back to the 60's and 70's and reminisce about my Hot Gossip days, and to tell the story of other dance troupes of that era including Go-Jo's, Pan's People and Legs & Co."

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

Thanks for this info Simon. I knew it was coming up but wasnt sure when. I will make a note of it and look forward to huddling round my radio, it will feel like the old days doing that.

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

PattiforPM
Thanks from me too Simon. Is there any way some kind person could record this for those of us who don't reside in the Land of Hope and Glory?

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I should be able to get it too you, PattiforPM.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

RFTK Radio
It may be on BBC player , most radio 2 shows are on a listen again for a week after broadcast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2   , I'd imagine it would be available there

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

Thanks from this ex-pat YMG.  For some reason I can't get the BBC player to work here RTK

Re: TV dance troupe documentary on Radio 2

Who's That Hurll
Anyone need reminding about this?.