Quantcast

TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs. (AN OLD THREAD)

TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs. (AN OLD THREAD)

Another lists thread. Can you think of any TV shows that give any of our dance troupes a mention or indeed any of the dancers. Also TV shows that give mention to TOTPs. When i say TOTPs i'm referring to 70s/80s, not the stuff after that. I think this may be quite a difficult one and dont expect a lot of replies, but one never knows. If possible, try to post a link so we can watch.

I will start the ball rolling with this little gem first broadcast on the 8th of Feb 1980. I have made mention of this before, so please excuse me for digging it up again.

Grange Hill -- at 3mins 43 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2No_dfALeVk

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Andy, i dont think folk will get to many on this, so just blast as many of as you like.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

The clip from `No Hiding Place` where Pans People get a mention can be seen at 1.41.26 on this link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgSogQEz_Xo

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

`Till Death Do Us Part` gives TOTPs and a certain Disc Jockey a mention. This is from the 2nd January 1974.

Were these prophetic words from Alf Garnett between 3.58 mins and 4.20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIMsmtbm6_8

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

In 'The Goodies - Almost Live' episode The Goodies appear as 'Pan's Grannies'. Though they're as much a 'band' as 'dancers'. It aired originally on 2nd November 1976, so several months after the end of Pan's People.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_bCpXGc3xU

Flick choreographed some episodes of The Goodies (such as 'Punky Business) but I don't know about this one!

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Good one GD.

Okay, this doesn't mention Pans People by name, but it does bring a wry smile to my face.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrXYXqxYaR8

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

mojo2007
Pans People has been an answer on Mastermind, and either Pointless or the Chase.  I posted Babs on Identity ( Donny Osmond presented) on youtube.  Is this where we mention Crumpet, Dee Dee at a 70's dinner and similar ?

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

BeautifulBabs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVqRoH2vBmY
Porridge and Dick emery show Pans references both within this.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

BeautifulBabs
http://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=miranda&episode=s03e04

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx58tf_miranda-series-3-episode-4-je-regret-nothing_fun

Pans reference at 8:50 in this episode of Miranda, the character Penny (Patricia Hodge) revealed she gave "the most sensual audition in the group's history".

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

AC/PD
'Legs & Co.' is the title of a torn-of-the-century episode of the ever so slightly unsubtle sit-com 'Gimme, Gimme, Gimme'
Unfortunately, the title reflects broken limbs and actual company only.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Hi Mojo
Ryan may correct me but I think the point of this thread is reference to the dancers on TV whey they do not appear in person so the mastermind and pointless mentions are on track -even better if you can say when or link to these if possible. (And no I've still never seen Babs on that identity quiz though I'm sure she looked lovely as always)

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Yeah, the thread is merely just for mentions of the dancers on TV shows. But i have to concede there ain't many more coming from me.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

If I remember correctly on one of the shows in the previous series of "Only Connect" four of the TOTP dance groups got a mention featuring in the sequence round.

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Have both episodes (still waitng to be YT'd), also one Goodies was choreographed by Ruth as well

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Great parody there, i'm not in to those two normally but they have at least done a bit of research, like the falling off the stage at the end, that would never happen in reality though .

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Andeebee
ha it sis thou one audience member fell off the back of the stage on a edition hosted by DLT

Re: TV shows that mention our dancers or TOTPs.

Yes they have. Also, members of Pan's People were one of the connections on a wall in a different episode.