TWTWTW

Suefan
Apologies to those too young to remember "That Was The Week That Was" but with all the dance listings now on the forum I got to wondering if there might be a particular week, or rather eight days, that stands out for you?  That is, when a corking routine one Thursday was followed by an even better one seven days later.

I'm plumping for the first week in May 1980.  You'd think that "The Groove" would take some beating but then along came "Let's Go Round Again" and I just couldn't give them up after that.

Re: TWTWTW

late night viewer
Suefan it looks like you have bagged one of the best weeks or rather 'Octdays' in the list of L&C routines, certainly in terms of open sexiness. At first I was going to pick 'Maid In Heaven' & 'Somebody to Love'. The former is possibly the first time L&C genuinely break away from the past as it is a fiesty energetic show-stopper were they all perform with abandon and up until that moment, in the most revealing of outfits.

However with Somebody to Love not available at present to be viewed this made my initial choice invalid.

As my official selection I choose 'I Wish' and 'Dancing Queen'. (On double-checking I find they are only two days apart, but it is the spirit of the law that matters.)' I Wish' is a lightly comedic routine, dressed as they are in sober Chaplinesque morning suits. 'I Wish' routine always lifts my mood and though never a fan of cross dressing, for once this does work.

'Dancing Queen' is the opposite: Legs & Co. are scantily clad, bedecked with jewels and wearing Cossack fur hats; like six nubile Russian Countesses! To a gentle teasing choreography by Flick Colby which gives evidence of her mastery over other practitioners of the art of dance at the time and even now after 30 plus years; the girls are as desirable as they ever will be.

Re: TWTWTW

PattiforPM
I've really agonized over this one and after much soul searching and a few re-views I would choose "Shake Your Body" and "Love You Inside Out" from April 1979.   Shake is a great routine to a great song and I love the fluid movement across the dance floor and Patti's expressions are priceless in this one.  Love You Inside Out is a tour de force and all the ladies look wonderful and the routine really matches the music quite beautifully and that Sue floor work gives me the shivers every time.

Re: TWTWTW

The week i will select will take in two troupes. How about 14/10/76 Ruby Fipper dancing to `Play that funky music`. With a bit of Lulu thrown in dancing to `Summer of my life`. Then the following week, the new `Top of the pops dancers` doing `Queen of my Soul`. Of course, the bonus of seeing the introductions the girls gave to Ed Stewert, especialy the nervy Gill,lol.

Re: TWTWTW

Suefan
Fantastic choices guys, made all the more interesting by your analysis of the routines and all 'Octdays' that I will be reviewing thanks to you.
As you say LNV I have bagged one of the best weeks in term of sexiness but as it is my thread I couldn't resist.  I'm also a great fan of "The Groove" although if Sue had been given the leading role it would have been even better in my book - sorry Gill.
Suefan