Technicians strike

  Just thought i would share this with you. In my time idealing about ive just worked out that since Sue Menhenick Joined Pans People in May 74 there has been an astoninshing 22 weeks in total lost to strike action at the Beeb. What a selfish lot those militants are depriving us of our dancers. Of course no sooner had poor Sue just got the gig with PP after a fortnight or so a 7 week lay off. Damn leftie red dogs. God im sounding like a Thatcherite !

Re: Technicians strike

Suefan
Yes, what a selfish lot.  Of course they were all so taken with Sue's beauty that they couldn't get any work done, fighting as they were amongst themselves as to whom was going to ask her out.

Re: Technicians strike

JEZ
when sue first joined pans people her younger brother started asking her to get autographs of the pop stars that appeared on totp for him which she did then she found out he was selling them at school for 10p bet now he wished he had kept them worth a lot more now than 10p i would have thought

Re: Technicians strike

Naturally they were all disappointed that Patti was already betrothed and hence... (oops here I go again)

Re: Technicians strike

lulupatti&sue
I wouldnt let my husband read this. Do you not agree with what they were striking for?

Re: Technicians strike

Yes '76 seems to have been one of the few years during the Goddess's reign that there were no days lost.

Re: Technicians strike

LPS i dont care what the commie lefties were stiking for, we were deprived of our weekly fix, that to me is more important. No wonder the counrty was in such a mess in the 70s with all these sherkers about.

Re: Technicians strike

Dave
 Seem to remember the 70s for loads of strikes and unions being up in arms over one thing or another...didnt someone put out a single called ..part of the union...or whatever it was called !!   Dave.

Re: Technicians strike

Young Mister Grace
Administrator

The band were The Strawbs. The song itself was satirical, but like Alf Garnet and Beavis & Butthead, the people being mercileesly parodied didn't get the sarcasm, loved it, and took it to their hearts.

Oh dear: my apologies for a substantial portion of Jimmy Saville creepyness there.

But of course Strawbs real claim to immortality is that they were the first band that Her Tragic Beautiful Drunken Majesty Sandy Denny recorded with: youtube audio with stills clip.

YMG

You've all done vey well!

Re: Technicians strike

hadeel
Hi YMG
Hadeel

Re: Technicians strike

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Hadeel. Did you get to see "I Want Yur Love" eventually?

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Technicians strike

First single I ever bought was the Strawbs "Lay Down"

Re: Technicians strike

hadeel
yes, i do  eventually
Hadeel

Re: Technicians strike

Young Mister Grace
Hi PattoforPM: Isn't that Johnny Depp in your avatar?

;)
You've all done vey well!

Re: Technicians strike

PattiforPM
Good catch YMG; what shameless plagiarism!  Surely Patti and Flick could be collecting some kind of Royalty for this.

Re: Technicians strike

I started this thread highlighting the travesty of union action over the treatment of our girls and Totps in general in the 70s. I was hoping that somebody from the left wing of our forum or one of there family members might come on here and defend these shirking pinkos. Obviously not, so this is my last word on it.

Re: Technicians strike

PattiforPM
Sorry Ryan I used to be a bit of a left winger in my youth and recall supporting all those Miners' strikes causing blackouts just to get up my Dad's nose but time has a way of mellowing you so now I'm a much paler shade of red.  When it comes to messing around with our Dancers' schedules I have no patience for the workers.  After all principles are principles.