Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Mikey
Earlier i posted a set in the pics section titled "Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976" and can be viewed here:

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-post-June-1974-td4062103i200.html#a4131393

Other than the obvious anomaly i.e the stated date of December 1976, there a few other anomalies Louise and Mary appearing in the same set for one, a lack of Ruth/Cherry and Sue another. I'd love to see any theories about these, perhaps they were done in 1975?, perhaps the Louise pic was from another session or came back as a favour for the shoot, but why would she do that 2 years later? Questions, questions...

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Id say they were deffo done in the year and month you say Mikey, Dec 76. Not trying to be unkind, but Babs and Louise do look facially 15 and 31 months older respectfully.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Willoway
This post was updated on .
Yes Dec '76 makes sense, at this time none of them would have had any connection with the current dance troupe. Tesco were very cheap and cheerful back then, I'm sure hiring l&c would have been far more expensive.

Also very rare to see Louise or Babs after they left PP, tbh I thought they were completely out off the scene for commercial work.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Mikey
Thanks guys, ok i'll retract my initial scepticism then, it was Louise's presence that puzzled me. The pics are dated 1-12-76 by the way. I've had a quick look for anything related to this e.g articles or ads but so far no luck. In terms of other Pans persons, Sue would have been a no-no firmly a Legs and Co member by then, Lee had disappeared, Cherry was off pursuing her showbiz career and Ruth was busy as Legs & Co's manager. Nice of Mary to return too.

Never thought i'd see the words Tesco and Fashion in the same sentence though.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Just on the pics, i thought Dee Dee looks quite yummy in her bed-time attire. A good dancer and good fashion model it seems.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

VintageVideos
Interesting pictures, Mikey. Can't help with the date but the absence of Cherry, Ruth & Sue seems to point at a date past April 1976. I do wonder though if the name Pan's People still had such a marketable value by then.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Hadn't Dee Dee's Pan's People kicked off by Dec '76? If so her appearing in these ads may be a bit odd as it diminishes her group to a degree.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Mikey
I think so Willoway, but a few hours doing a shoot would not impact it much.

Heres another Tesco reference. I still find it odd that Tesco could use a group no longer together and still trading on the name as Vin suggests was it still marketable. I guess they were still well known personalities (especially Dee Dee and Babs) even after TOTP.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Mikey
Another thing i've noticed Louise is sporting the same 'ethnic knitwear' as Dee Dee in the Rex pic

Suefan if you are still looking in do you recall, was this Tesco stuff mentioned before perhaps at PP.com in the past?

PS I agree Mary looks great in those PJs

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Suefan
Mikey I don't recall any of the pictures that you've recently posted appearing on the PP site.  It was a stinker of a place to navigate oneself about mind, but saying that I'm fairly sure they were not mentioned.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Mikey
Thanks Suefan, i thought maybe it was mentioned previously (like the Woolworths one), but interesting if this never cropped up before, something worth looking into further.

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

Suefan
Yes.  As the old hands I'm sure would confirm, the PP site was a difficult one to navigate your way around, but they'd also confirm that if I'd ever seen a picture of Mary in the pyjamas previously it isn't an image I'd have forgotten!

Re: Tesco Fashion Feature, December 1976

PattiForPM
I so vouch