The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

saintsray
BBC Genome:- ""Wednesday
18 November
1970
22.50 The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe
For the first time this competition is being staged in Britain, where the reigning title holders RUDI and MECHTILDE TRAUTZ take on opposition from nine countries. The strong United Kingdom entry includes JOHN and BETTY WESTLEY. Cabaret: Pan's People Music by The George Bradley Band
Presented by the House of L'Oreal and arranged by Shirley Harris at The Top Rank Croydon Suite in association with the Ball-room Dancers' Federation. Master of Ceremonies David Gell with expert comment by Peggy Spencer
Television presentation by DOUGLAS HESPE""

Just doing some research for you people tonight.

please excuse any dupicates!

I have been unable to find out yet whether this exists at the Beeb.....

Re: The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

Everything'sRosie
Never heard of this before, was this a Eurovision thing like the song contest and Jeux Sans Frontiere, Ray? If so other countries might have retained a copy in the highly likely probability the BBC has junked there's.

Re: The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

I’d be intrigued to know what they danced to considering the competition.

Re: The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

saintsray
It was held in the UK and the TV Presentation was by the BBC, so we need to find out if they still have a copy.

i'll do this.

In the unlikely event they do, I'll let you all know and we'll go from there....

On Sunday, 14 October 2018, 20:43:13 BST, Everything'sRosie [via One for the Dads] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Never heard of this before, was this a Eurovision thing like the song contest and Jeux Sans Frontiere, Ray? If so other countries might have retained a copy in the highly likely probability the BBC has junked there's.
Queens of My Soul

To unsubscribe from The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe, click here.
NAML

Re: The 1970 Professional Latin Dance Championships of Europe

saintsray
It's a missing show, I got a reply from BBC Archiving this morning. :(