The Beat Girls

Re: The Beat Girls

Icedsun
It sounds like the BBC made several editions of The Beat Room.

Somehow they managed to junk so many programmes which would have survived, if they'd been made by overseas broadcasters who had much more interest in their archives than the BBC with ours.

Good to see The Kinks were also on the show, who might be on the forthcoming 15 July 2011 documentary on BBC 4.

You've reminded me that I once saw Tom Jones performing Chills 'n' Fever and What'd I Say on the BBC during either the 1980s or 1990s.

Not doubting you, but it looks like they have one more edition after all

This is from 10/05/1964 -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRdNrwE13Yg

Probably 10/05/1964 and 05/10/1964 are all that's left in the BBC archives, but I'm pleased we have some representation of this music programme, as we get to see The Kinks, Tom Jones and The Beat Girls.

Re: The Beat Girls

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The Beat Girls

Icedsun
My apologies.  I think you're right in saying Tom Jones is in the same show as the Beat Girls and the Kinks.

I've since realised why I listed the BBC as having two editions.  One source listed the same date the other way around, eg 05/10/1964 (the correct date) and 10/05/1964, the American date order.  After reading your reply, it occurred to me this is what had happened.

Thanks for the link.  Those photos correspond with the footage in the 6 links to the complete show, starting off with Tom Jones - What'd I Say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRdNrwE13Yg

Are there any orphan performances in existence at or outside the BBC from The Beat Room? And

Is this the Jimi Hendrix performance from the Lulu show?  Sunshine Of Your Love begins at position 2:45 after Hey Joe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3JfoMkYbo

Here's a comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zga4_09nWzY - The original by Cream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ChuXGdqeaY - Rosetta Stone cover featuring Ian Mitchell of the Bay City Rollers as I think lead singer - A TOTP performance exists somewhere (not at the BBC) of this from 08/09/1977, but has yet to surface online in addition to Black Gorilla's Gimme Dat Banana:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA_za9UWXXY - This is now back at the BBC, while Legs & Co dancing to Jean Michel Jarre's Oxygene IV is not, but is around somewhere, as it was previously on You Tube

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee
From Radio Times Xmas 1964 - 8 page pullout featuring 'Beat Girl' Babs Lord in a spoof of Alice in Wonderland.

Very very rare....enjoy

I have large size copies of this if anyone requires them, drop me a line

Re: The Beat Girls

Brilliant stuff ADB, thanks for sharing. I wonder how long it will take for these to wing there way across to the other place ?

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee
give it half a day - ha ha ha

Re: The Beat Girls

PattiforPM
Now now Boys.  ADB these are priceless; what a wondrous find indeed.  Many thanks

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee
P4PM

A little gift for everyone, and as you are doing some sterling work for me, I'll send you copies of the bigger ones...

Re: The Beat Girls

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
A fantastic find, Andeebee: I'd love to see highre resolution versions.

Cheers

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee
I'll ping you some to your email YMG

Re: The Beat Girls

JEZ
Thanks very much for posting andee ,its good to see that one of babs beat girls outfit was red ,we only ever get to see any normally in black and white

Re: The Beat Girls

JEZ
ryan is it possible at all mate to remove most of those posts on page one on here ,you know the posts that say the author has deleted this post ,only most of page one is taken up with them

Re: The Beat Girls

you're welcome Jez, glad you popped in

Re: The Beat Girls

Lookmacinanger
Thanks for sharing these pictures ADB, a very generous gesture

Re: The Beat Girls

JEZ wrote
ryan is it possible at all mate to remove most of those posts on page one on here ,you know the posts that say the author has deleted this post ,only most of page one is taken up with them
No need to remove anything, it seems the pictures are all back!

Re: The Beat Girls

PattiforPM
Mishmash, what can I say?  Thankyou seems a bit inadequate

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee
sadly not on the Legs & PP picture sections -

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee

left to right Babs Lord , Lorelly Harris , Dee Dee Wilde , Diane South and Penny Fergusson

The Beat Girls , from London's Dance Centre near Covent Garden overjoyed by the news that they are flying to Venice to support entries in the Venice Film Festival photographed outside the Lamb and Flag pub in Covent garden , London 5 September 1966
Hopelessly Devoted to Sue

ray

Re: The Beat Girls

ray
Beat Girls

Re: The Beat Girls

Doc
Some real vintage shots, some of the cars in the background are almost as interesting as the lovely legs on show!
Look how sharp my screen grab is!
12345 ... 18