The Beat Girls

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Carlotta

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Thanks to Willoway for the tip off on this, probably the earliest of the Beat Girls line ups known also as "Katy-Dids", with some familiar style outfits to those of the Beat Girls.

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Tatler 10-09-66

These are the same outfits as some of the pictures posted by Mishmash on page 1, so this should give an indication of the date of those too.

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
It seems likely Diane was not a 'Beat Girls' regular during 1965, as I found a further 2 articles mentioning other work, a play and working with another set of dancers for a show later in the year.

Daily Mirror 17-07-65

Daily Mirror 08-12-65, hopefully the 'Diana' is a typo and not another TV dancer with a very similar name at the same time period, which would be highly coincidental

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
This post was updated on .
I've lost it for now, but there is an article on the British Library archive describing Diane as Gary's assistant, from '65 or thereabouts. Clearly the reason she keeps popping up outside the Beat Girls.
And we have three DC groups now, the Katy-Dids/Beat Girls, the Lucky Stars, and Desdemonas.

Diane mentions "Here come the pops" on her bio on the site now up for sale. Strangely she says she also appeared in a BBC production of "What Katy Did" (wihich was in 1962), maybe that was the genesis of the group name.

Rather more strangely, the bio says she appeared in the Jo Cook dancers, I think there's more to this attribution than a mistake in a photo archive.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
This is an article from Tatler dated 30-04-66, the article itself is really just a general critique of girls fashions, so i wont post the rest. A slightly unflattering picture perhaps, but it shows the other side to the business of dancing in clubs during the week and not all TV glamour. I think it is Flick, Lyn and Babs shown in the photo, so perhaps they did these type of gigs on a rota basis.

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Tatler 11-08-65