The Beat Girls

Re: The Beat Girls

VintageVideos
Are we talking about the same girl? You're not seriously claiming that this girl may be Ruth, or are you?

PattiForPM wrote
The book also says that Ruth replaced Felicity Balfour in early Pans BTW.
Yes that's why I said the pic would be very early Pan's if it was FB. FB was part of Pan's People for just a very short while.

Re: The Beat Girls

mishmash wrote
I've just noticed another connection between these photos, Dee Dee is wearing the same outfit and Lorelli has the one Diane has in this pic (or a very similar one)

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
These are really great pictures, thanks Mikey. I'm interested, more than knowledgable about this early period, but I've knocked together a quick list of Pans People configs, and dates where known
               Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Lorelly Diane
               Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Lorelly
Dec 1966 Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Lorelly Felicity
Mar 1967 Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Lorelly Ruth
July 1967 Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Andi Ruth
              Babs  Dee Dee Flick Penny Andi Ruth Louise
Dec 1967 Babs  Dee Dee Flick Andi Ruth Louise

I believe the girl in the shawl is Penny Fergusson (appears in many early photos naturally given her longevity), generally identifiable by her downward nose and liking for hoop earrings. I know that contradicts what Dee Dee says.
The non-Babs blonde (my avatar for a while) was Lorelly Harris.
The girl in the orange/brown top  from my above list should be either Diane or Felicity, I guess Felicity, placing this in early '67.

Then this is probably the same config, hard to say as it's so blurry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjyIvMt_qQ#t=198
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

VintageVideos
OK just to make it clear for anyone who's just looking in:

We do know for sure (100 % that is) that this is Lorelly Harris:

and this is Penny Fergusson:

We do not know for sure though who this is:

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway wrote
The girl in the orange/brown top  from my above list should be either Diane or Felicity, I guess Felicity, placing this in early '67.
Diane always seems to look very upbeat in the few pictures that we have of her. The unknown girl on the other hand looks quite gloomy. That would correspond with what the book says about Felicity Balfour: "it became increasingly obvious that Felicity Balfour really wasn't happy and didn't want to stay. So she left, and Ruth joined us in March." (p. 43).

Re: The Beat Girls

PattiforPM
Sorry Ruth, please forgive me

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
Found this here

Despite the image quality, it looks like the girl in the picture, so looks like you are correct.

Also this is quite interesting.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=875677012473402&id=207746622599781
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Good bit of detective work there Willoway. It looked to me like both Penny and Felicity are in that rehearsal video.

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
With the rehearsal footage, the Dave Dee video and numerous photos, there seems to be quite a lot of material at this time . There's some infopublicly available on Felicity in the present day (mentions PP and the BGs so guess it's not intrusive to post).

There's also some really interesting stuff on the web on Penny Fergusson in 1983 in her second career as a make up artist (she was out of work in 1970 after leaving PP to follow other opportunities), which I'll post up at some point in the right place if no one else does.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
Managed to pick out a name from the inscription, despite the bucolic  appearance, this is Leicester Square

...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

BeautifulBabs
from the original pic above I thought it was in Pisa

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
Maybe a few of the dancers did their backs in pushing the monument back and thus was the history of Pans People forged.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
The Beat Girls on "Gadzooks! It's All Happening!", the replacement show for the Beat Room in 1965.

A bit more info here http://sixtiescity.net/Mbeat/mbfilms153.htm

Re: The Beat Girls

Penny Fergusson

https://sophieneville.net/tag/penny-fergusson/

Re: The Beat Girls

Andeebee

Lorelly Harris As part of The Bluebell Girls 1969

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
I've been trying to find anything about Penny Fergusson  post-this (1983) and completely failed.

There's modern pictures of her erstwhile  partners in crime (Lorelly Harris and Felicity Balfour Smith) on the  web, both now in France.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: The Beat Girls

Television's 'Beat Girls' dance troupe - Dee-Dee Wilde, Lorelly Harris, Diana South, Babs Lord, Penny Fergusson and Felicity Colby - "take off" at London Airport, where they were leaving for Venice with the Luvvers pop group.

Re: The Beat Girls

Mikey
Interesting item on ebay, anyone into dutch Jazz?

Not sure who the girls either side of Babs are

Re: The Beat Girls

VintageVideos
Great find Mikey. 30 Euro is not exactly cheap for a 45, but I'm still mulling...

Re: The Beat Girls

Willoway
A short-haired ginger-haired dancer seems to crop up in a few latish BG pics, the only name I've ever seen against her is (rightly or wrongly) Lesley Judd, I assume the dancer with this hair colour is that dancer. You can see a few wisps of blonde hair behind the singer which would give short odds on Lorelly Harris. The shoulder length brunette to the right of the 'Lesley Judd' dancer has a look of Diane South to me.
You would assume it is pre-March '66 incarnation of the Beat Girls and not Babs + 5 anonymous others as it says Beat Girls on the photo.
...is she really going out with him?
1234567 ... 18