Quantcast

The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

SuPaLu
The idea that a style of dance could in any way contribute to a 'dystopian vision of mankind' is mind-curdling.
Dancing is all about expressing emotion and sensuality.You may not agree with the expression but throwing all this morality and dystopia at group of dancers is absurd and hypocritical.You can't criticize HG for dressing in a 'cheap,tacky and tawdry' way while loving Legs in bikinis,stockings & suspenders just because they smiled a lot and you like their particular style.

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

PattiForPM
You two should consider to raising beer together at the Kal event watching vintage HG and PP

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

Is there any emotional expression in a HG routine other than sullen anger?  If so then it is very well disguised, and as for sensuality.  Well that and HG are not on the same planet, let alone the same page!

And by the way, I'm not complaining about the HG style just because of the way they are dressed.  I'm quite comfortable with dancers in bikini, underwear, even the birthday suit, if it fits the piece.  What I dislike is the entire package with its one-dimensional attempt to appeal to the base element.  Flick would refer to HG as Cold Chit Chat but she was being too kind.  They were simply Complete Crass.

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

I could have predicted how this innocently titled thread would have ended up. Such a pity.

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

the cooter
Isn't that just true.

Re: The Influence Of Two Choreographers On Each Other.

MADMAX
This post started asking if Flick and Arlen had influence on each other.From what SUE M has said, and she would know,they would have not exchanged notes. I suspect though, each was looking over there shoulder because as mentioned here LEGS routines became raunchier in latter times. From what I read Flick would have had a harder time doing her thing because of time restraints, which make's me think that had she looked for idea's and suggestions from others close to her, some routines may have been better. With the work load that she must have had, idea's must have run out at times. With a new routine every week, would be no mean feat .
As for HG, the outfits they wore or the lack of them would have been a draw card, in the 70's and 80's on free TV. From the few clips I have looked at, the dancers had very stern faces and relied on exposure.
As for me,LEGS have it, hands down! They are all different in there own way,They are smiling,sexy, and appear to be happy and enjoying themselves, which would have been now mean feat, considering they would not have had much time to learn the routine. Last of all you got to know their names, which all that made them the girls next door.
OK enough of my waffle for now