The OFTDs Event 2019. (July 13th).

I'm pleased to announce that a fifth `OFTDs` event will take place on Saturday 13th of July 2019. This will be again in the city of Derby.

About the event.

Whats exactly is a OFTDs event ?

Its basically a once a year get together by members of this place (though we didn't have such an event in 2018). We spend the day watching clips on the large screen that are not available on the internet and also rather a lot of the day chatting in a convivial manner about all things TOTPs, the dance routines and dancers.

Can you attend this ?

Places are limited, 14 is ideal, but 16 is maximum. So i can only really accept folk who i have met before. If ive not met you before but you have over a 100 posts on here, then yes, you would qualify.

Will it cost me anything to get in ?

NO. This is a private invitation only gathering. The general public are not allowed in. I will be funding the event. I will not be charging any of the attendees an admission fee and im not making any profit from it. These events are my treat to the forum as i believe its only fair fans have a right to watch rare stuff in a controlled environment. Whats the point of this stuff staying firmly on the shelf.

What time will it be from  ?

Its a hotel venue, so its not like the doors open at specific times. Most folk ruck up between 12 and 1pm, but i will be there from 11.30 to set-up the room.

Any free nosh going ?

Yes the venue caterers will be providing a finger buffet and teas & coffees. These will be available around 1.15pm.

How will the clips be shown ?

Unlike others years when we used a projector, this year we are using a large TV. Ive gone back to the smaller room we used in the first year we had the event. The TV screen is at the other end of that room, if folk can recall in 2014 it was the other way round. The room is quite adequate for our needs and considerably cheaper in cost, which is obviously a bonus to me.

Ive not worked out the running order as yet (heck the thing is still 5 months away), but i will commence the screenings at 2pm with the first batch of clips and these usually last around 40 minutes or so. We will then have 3 further batches again lasting 40 minutes commencing at 3,4 and 5pm.

Why dont you name the venue in this thread post ?

Well as its an invitation only event, i dont want gatecrashers, and they wouldn't get in even if they tried.

Can we talk about what routines are being screened?

No. Out of respect for my suppliers, i ask everyone not to comment on whats shown. I do have quite a bit of newer material to show that i didn't show in 2017. Obviously a lot of the old stuff will also get another re-run. But every clip i show will not be available on the internet.

Is there a closing date to be included for this  ?

Well as i said earlier, the room is smaller now. So only 14 places, 16 max are available. This should be ample anyway as less than a dozen turned up in 2017, hence why i chosen the smaller room.

I guess it will be a case of the first 14 to 16 who say they want to go will be the attendees. Please say so either on this thread or PM me and i will send a link to the venue. I would also appreciate anyone not sure if they can attend to make a firm decision say about a month before the event, i want to be sure of numbers.

I think it may be a good idea to list the attendees, so folk can see whos coming. I will list them on the bottom of this post and keep updating it. I initially gave two dates for this, the other being the 20th, but on checking i couldn't make that date, so the 13th it is.

If anyone has any further queries please ask on here or PM me. Only another 163 days to go then !

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Confirmed attendees list, updated as and when.
-------------------------
Ryan.
AC/PD.
Everything's Rosie.
Hanway.
The Rubberband Man.
Gorgeous Daze.
Legsfan.
Dancer.
Doc.
Michael.
Sueforever.
YMG.
Suefan.
---------------------------
On the other thread i made recently when i said the meeting was in the pipe-line stage, the following also said they would like to attend.

GiLuRo.
Old Grey Whistler.
-----------------------------
That brings the total to 15 names.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Everything'sRosie
Hi Ryan, I will definitely be coming. Looking forward to seeing all that rare stuff and meeting up with friends.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

AC/PD
Yes please.
Tempted by the free nosh.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

  Ryan, I am coming- even if I have to move Heaven and Earth- and Hell- to attend. ( I hope that is definite enough, I don't want to leave any doubt )!

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Great stuff Ryan   Add me to the list please.
These events are brilliant, and I'll be stopping over on the Saturday night.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

The Rubberband Man wrote
and I'll be stopping over on the Saturday night.
Yes pleased you are stopping over. No need for having to dash back that same evening. I understand the hotel venue prices are very reasonable and maybe others should consider it too.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Gorgeous Daze
Great to have the OFTD Event 2019 confirmed. Add me to the list please Ryan!

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Legsfan
I will be attending. I can't wait!

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Dancer
Yes I would love to attend please Ryan.  I am sure I have that Saturday off.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Thats 8 places filled so far.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Doc
I’m confident that I should be able to make that date. Our work roster is subject to review at the end of March, which might mean a change. Even so they normally honour prior commitments if they alter it. So put me down as a yes.

Is it the normal venue?  Their prices have been very decent the.last few times.
Still living in 1979

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Michael
I'm pretty confident I'll be able to get someone to cover the shop, and would love to attend this event, so please count me in. Should it transpire I'm unable to for one reason or another, I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you for putting this together, Ryan.

That brings the total to 15 names. We are about filled now. If i was to ask about the bigger room and the hire of a projector, id be looking at a further £125 in cost which im not prepared to meet. I based my choice of the smaller room on the 2017 turnout which totaled just 11 in attendance. So i hope folk could see why i was reticent about hiring the bigger room again.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

sueforever
I will be there, I after keep my record up Ryan. To being to everyone of the meeting.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Good stuff S4E, you are one of only a handful of ever presents.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Hi Ryan. Got myself all booked up for the 13th, so you can change my status to "Definitely Coming".

Looking forward to it.
You've all done vey well!

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Righto YMG, be good to see you again.

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Suefan
Yes I can definitely make it Ryan

Re: The OFTDs Event 2019. (Date now confirmed).

Okay SF. Pleased to have you with us.