The OTFDs quiz - Sun 7th Jan - 1980s Pop videos.

The OTFDs quiz - Sun 7th Jan - 1980s Pop videos.

Id like to re-introduce the Sunday quiz back onto the site. In the glory days of the forum this used to be a weekly affair. Im afraid i cant quite muster up that level of vigour, but im quite prepared to hold a Sunday quiz on the first Sunday of every month. Im going to find it easier to make them picture quizzes rather than the old typed question stuff.

Every month i will come up with a different theme. Some times it will be to do with the dancing, some times popular music and other times more general knowledge based.

So what will this quiz topic be ?

The theme for this will be well known 1980s Pop promotional videos.

What will you see on-screen ?

You will see two stills from 80s vids. The top pic will be from 1980-84 and the bottom pic 1985-89.

What will you be required to do ?

You need to type in either the song title answer or the band name answer.

You are only allowed to have a go at one picture, answering both is a no no.

How does the points scoring work ?

The first two people to correctly name the two song titles each earns 3 points. Remember you can only answer one song title.

The first two people to correctly name the two artists each earn 2 points. Remember you can only answer one artists name.

Any other correct answers after that earn the other players 1 point.

So in effect, two players can earn three points, another two other players an earn 2 points and the rest can earn a single point.

3 Penalty points will be given to any player who inadvertently answers more than one pic in a single round.

Post editing is strictly not allowed. Any updated posts will be ignored for points.

What is the time this commences ?

This will commence at 9pm Sunday the 7th and last one hour.

The first set of two pictures arrives at 9pm and players then have 3 minutes to submit their answer. Once the 3 minutes has elapsed, no more answers can be counted for that round.

At 9.03 the next set arrive, then 9.06 and so on till 10pm. Thats 42 pics delivered in 21 rounds.

In the old days i prided myself in bringing the results within 15 minutes of closure, im not so sure im still up to that. However im hoping i will be able to do so in around 30 minutes.
Although the rules above seem a little stringent that should not deflect that the atmosphere for these quizzes is usually convivial. These quizzes do give us the chance for guaranteed `live chat`, a commodity which we sadly lack on the forum these days. I hope a few of you can take part. The quiz wont be to difficult, and there are plenty of points on offer.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this pic quiz, then please ask on here.

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

Old Grey Whistler
That's good news. The quizzes were always enjoyable. Don't worry about taking too long to count up the scores. AC/PD is still counting up the scores from our end of 2016 quiz!

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

AC/PD
Nearly finished!

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

Everything'sRosie
Looking forward to the quiz, Ryan. I'm sure it's going to revive some long forgotten memories.

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

PattiforPM
It's great that you're doing this Ryan.  I know it's hard work but we've had some of our very best times on OFTDs  in your quizzes

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

Just a reminder for this tomorrow.

42 questions of 1980s pop promo videos.

I'd rate this quiz as easy to moderate, nothing to taxing at all.

Just be the first to answer one of the two pics on-screen, either the song which scores 3 points or the artist which scores 2.

Please take time to peruse and understand the full game rules in the first post of this thread.

Hope to see you around 8.55pm on Sunday then. Set your phone alarms to remind you.

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

Legsfan
I'm really looking forward to this. The quiz was always something I enjoyed and I was sad to see it stop.
Biggest thanks for bringing it back Ryan and I really appreciate the time it has taken you to prepare the quix.

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

VintageVideos
I also think it's great that the quiz is back. Sadly, I'm not sure if I will be a regular participant, as it ends already past my bedtime...

Re: The Sunday quiz returns to OFTDs. 7th Jan.

PattiforPM
I was just trawling the Web looking for evidence for health benefits of going to bed late but couldn't find a single decent article

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

I will be there, nice to see a monthly quiz back Ryan.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Its a bit like turning the clock back this. I confess to being a touch nervy. I hope folk turn up. If they do, then enjoy.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

sueforever
It was always good fun and nice to be back Ryan.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Old Grey Whistler
Evening!

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

The Rubberband Man
Evening all

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Legsfan
Hello everybody!

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

REMEMBER TO ONLY SUBMIT ONE ANSWER PER ROUND.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Legsfan
I'm Still Standing

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

I'm Still Standing

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Elton John