The OTFDs quiz - Sun 7th Jan - 1980s Pop videos.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Gorgeous Daze
I seem to remember that Tiffany married a Brit and was living in Cannock, Staffs. The most unlikely relocation since Edwin Starr moved to Tamworth.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Regularly watching Top of the Pops has helped because nearly all the videos from the earlier part of the 80s that are in this quiz are videos that I recognize from the show. The Falco one was just a little extra 80s knowledge

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Gorgeous Daze
Legsfan wrote
The Falco one was just a little extra 80s knowledge
Gleaned from The Vintage Channel? I haven't got it anyhow.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I seem to remember that Tiffany married a Brit and was living in Cannock, Staffs. The most unlikely relocation since Edwin Starr moved to Tamworth.
She also appeared in Playboy    (not that I've seen the pictures, you understand).

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Everything'sRosie wrote
Great performance, LF. You sure have nifty fingers.
Yeah, taking nothing away from Legsfan who clearly knows his pop, but the younger folk do have better hand eye co-ordination and can type faster.
As a very slow typist, I decided it better to answer names rather than song titles!

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Gorgeous Daze
And I soon learnt it was better to focus on the bottom picture than to try and out-type Legsfan in 'his' era!

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

The Rubberband Man wrote
Gorgeous Daze wrote
I seem to remember that Tiffany married a Brit and was living in Cannock, Staffs. The most unlikely relocation since Edwin Starr moved to Tamworth.
She also appeared in Playboy    (not that I've seen the pictures, you understand).
And Lisa-Marie Presley lives in the Home Counties, and regularly appears in panto (often along with her mother). What would The King have said about this indignity!

But my favourite oddly located celebrity has to be Rocky Marciano, who after being drafted into the US Army, spent WWII in...Swansea. You'd have thought they would have wanted him in the front line.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

PattiforPM
Sorry I missed this, I was out for the afternoon hearing daughter Wedding plans.  The Quiz would have cost me a lot less money but not given me as much pride, especially as I would undoubtedly have finished way short of SFE's score.  I hardly recognized any of the pics and can see that the typing speeds were way above my Mavis Beacon lesson 3 level but I would have had fun and will do my darndest to join in next time

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

AC/PD
Ditto the above... but without the Nuptial reason.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

The Rubberband Man
Fast Broadband speeds also a necessary bonus.

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

I recognised the pub before the song

Re: The OTFDs quiz - TOMORROW 9pm - 1980s Pop videos.

Yes a favourite haunt of ours. Could even be classed as OFTDs Birmingham branch HQ.