The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel (79K views)

The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel (79K views)

I have toyed with this idea for months now, and I have finally decided that I will migrate all clips over to DM, my distaste for YT (I have been vocal as folks well know) over a year ago forced me to move channels, and glad I did.

The reasons is that the video quality is 10 times better than YT (YT tend to compress the image tenfold to get as many up as poss - this in turn degrades my hard work tweaking some images)

This will be a long process, and will involve me going back to retweaking clips as far back as August 1977 from scratch (glad I have them all on separate disks in order - so the cutting part has already been done)

I think YT has served its purpose now, and as I have stated before, the point when the channel creeps closer to 1 million views I will expect more clips to vanish, where you can find these same clips already on YT anyway ,but I think YT likes to cull channels that are popular.

More so DM gives a crisper image, and uploads the clip to the size I have cut it to, so no compression (but with all video hosts you will looses some quality anyway)

I will start with Ruby Flipper, and as the the clips progress I will get the odd resistance with dropped clips but these will have to be private clips which will be accessible from here. I would prefer the archive to be in one place anyway.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

VintageVideos
Quite an ambitious project but I can see your reasons. If you think that this is the right time to re-dub some of the older clips you know where to find me

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Gorgeous Daze
Sounds good to me Andee. You certainly don't want to be doing all this work with the continual threat of Youtube undoing things hanging over you. The only thing worse for us with DM is those seemingly random adverts that you can't skip. But that is more than compensated by the superior picture.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

It sounds like a lot of work for you, Andee, but if you are happy to do it, then I think it is a great idea as these masterpieces deserve to be preserved in the best possible way, and DM does seem to offer a sharper picture than YT.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

BeautifulBabs
can you colourize your'e so vain for the forum while you're at it ADB ?

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
the migration has started, I have run Legs backwards from July 78, as most of the editions there are yewtree'd and it gives me time to have a fresh look at them, once Legs is up to date I will run Ruby Flipper the same way followed by Pans.

In the meantime visit the clickable links where these are now clickable with pic, kudos to Ryan for doing that (looks like me and Ryan have the same back-boiled idea for a few months)

In the meantime I will purge YT of the clips which are now on DM, alas some clips won't be viewed from the DM page as these for the sake of continuation will be private (Too Much heaven etc) I will supply Ryan with the links to add to the clickable links.

For future broadcast these will be only viewed from the links only, as YT is done and dusted for me, it has served it's purpose, but the other clips will stay there (such as John Denver and ZDF), but for sake of perservation all TOTP dances will be on DM.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

er, no BB

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

So Andee, am i correct in assuming that for now you are concentrating on shifting Legs & Co from YT to DM. Will that be it, or will you also eventually shift pans & Ruby to DM. If so, will that be it.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
Ryan

I am shifting all TOTP clips of Legs first, then Ruby Flipper & then Pans, I will leave the extra clips such as ZDF, Hot Gossip and stuff like Crackerjack etc on YT, but the YT channel will be emptied of POPS clips.

I am running the legs clips backwards as there is a large selection of Yewtree clips to redo, when i get past August 77 it's all BBC, and for sake of order I will then run Flipper backwards from 'Funky Music' up to the first one 'is Low'

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Okay Andee. I think thats fair enough. The clips are way superior visually on DM and i reckon you are making a good move shifting them.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
well yes i think they are superior......wait till More Than A Woman, and soon I give give 'All Right Now' the tweak it deserves...

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

 i reckon you are making a good move shifting them.
it will take a bit of time as I have to retweak some, and they take a while

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

You be careful tweaking those divine hockey players ADB

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
It will have my careful attention, trust me the minute careful attention

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Mikey
Thanks for fixing the In Dulce Jubilo clip, the new one is much better.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Gotta hand it to Andee. The clips hes now uploading to Dailymotion are so superior in visual quality to YT. Its going to make job a little easier obtaining screen grabs for my Saturday ID thingy !

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
And whaddya know a first hurdle faced, the clips from YT I can't move to DM, well that doesn't surprise me one bit.

So here is the deal, the ones that stay on YT stay there, but I will delete them as i have been working on upgrades where the pic is clearer and will be in 480.  That is the prob with YT the BBC4 clips go up in 360 only and look a bit fuzzed.  So hopefully I will resolve this. This should make Ryan's life a bit easier.

By the looks of things there isn't too many to retain on YT.

Now DM, I will upload up to Jan 78 (I'm on March now), once I hit Jan 78 I will about face and return to the latter half of 78 & then 79, there are clips pre 'Morning Dance' I was not impressed with (Grease and Exile being two examples) I will replace these and delete the others.

Complicated, nah, just time consuming.  I have to second guess DM at the moment (I was surprised that Patti Smith was wiped) some clips such as Carly Simon and Elvis will be a big no no.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
Back into 1977 now, please click these new links on DM and on screencap page, as the clips don't exist on YT anymore (unless you go and click other YT links, then that defeats what I am doing)

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Great that you are transferring clips to DM, as they are far better visually on there. But Andee, i do not see the logic in deleting clips from YouTube. But you have your reasons.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
Logic is I prefer these clicked than YT, YT is culling my clips, so I don't want that right now.