Quantcast

The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel (79K views)

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Sorry, i dont understand your last post. But the channels are your business and you have the final say. I just feel its a backward step for the site `OFTDs` (which is my main concern) to be removing clips from YT. In my view its best two have two bites at the cherry (forgive the pun) than put all the clips on DM, which as i say is vastly superior to view, but will get less clicks in comparison than YT. I just think its best two leave both channels up, fully running.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM
Yes I think because YT is so much more "mainstream" it would be nice to have a presence on there too if possible ADB

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

My main concern is preserving the best image quality I can (which YT do not provide), and DM don't have a policy of removing clips later, if they don't like it it gets removed, whereas YT can delete videos anytime they want which is proved.

I don't see it as a step back, you may Ryan, but I don't, it isn't a competition on who gets the most clicks but a archive that will remain up.

I'm committed to DM and will move it across, bar some clips but I'm really done with YT it has served what it did, but to be honest the pics are crap on there.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Sorry I have deleted all the videos on YT -

I give up........what a waste of my time

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Not a good move in my book that Andee. I support your move to bring us quality clips on DM, but to delete clips on YT is sheer madness in my book. Thats my last word on the subject.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
my last word on the subject.

What's best:- top notch clips or substandard shit clips.

What is the point of keeping YT clips when I'm wasting my only hours I have spare moving it all to DM.........when everyone is gonna keep click YT clips anyway.

You're right it is madness, it is my final say and my final decision on the channels but it isn't is it really......I have no say

No don't quit ADB.  You do great work on the Channels.  It's just an open discussion between friends here

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
I'm just trying to do the best for here to make it the premium site I can, I try hard to keep my spirits lifted to keep going, I have spent long hours revisiting every show recutting clips and tweaking them to the best I can so i can deliver a product that OFTD's can be proud of.

is there method in my madness -yes - is that a bad thing? no.

YT like the other site across the road are sinking ships, yup i said that, I don't get hassled on DM at all, but dread the probs with YT, remember the three strike count on YT the problem that caused, and clips are being removed on YT all the time.

in the end there will be one archive that will be left standing, ours........and that is something to be proud of.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

As joint-administrator of the site here it would be wrong of me to stay quiet if i thought a backward step was being taken on any aspect of OFTDs. This is a discussion forum and i have simply stated my point of view. Andee, its a shame mention words like `Quit`.

Smacks of dummy spitting !

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Mikey
http://www.youtube.com/user/gibb1962/videos

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

never said I 'quit' I said I give up - give up arguing my point

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee wrote
never said I 'quit' I said I give up - give up arguing my point
Just just deleted the words `I Quit`.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

yes I see, most of those were lifted from my channel, esp the HG stuff on Kenny Everett.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

yes deleted to harsh word to use......................

everytime i'm on there is always some friction on here......never have a good night

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM
I thought we had lots of good nights on here ADB.  You must try not to take these discussions to heart mate.  I think everyone is aware of the good work you've done and these Saturday nights are supposed to be a let your hair down time so i just trawl the Threads to comment and I know others do too

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

You need to chill out a bit. Really there is no need to be so up tight when folk (ie me, coz nobody else has the balls to say anything) make a bit of a statement like `i am thinking you are making an error with something`.

Im not having a go at you, im sure deep down you know that, i am just saying that i think you've made a bit of an error of judgement on something. As i said earlier, id be failing in my role if i just buried my head in the sand and said nothing. Im my view putting the clips on DM is a masterstroke, deleting clips from YT is barmy, and i said that to you when this was first mooted.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

(ie me, coz nobody else has the balls to say anything)
Speaking for the testesless masses, I'm miffed!

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM wrote
RYAN wrote
Good cop, bad cop. Your very much Carter, im very much Reagan. Could be your softly softly approach to things is better than mine, but im more Flying Squad.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

putting the clips on DM is a masterstroke, deleting clips from YT is barmy, and i said that to you when this was first mooted.
true, but I have my reasons, the reason is it YT detracts from the superior clips, yes I shouldn't delete them, but if i didn't then Dm looses clicks, at coming up to 25k views is good, it keeps us the channel under the radar and bubbling along.

Why they removed one I Feel Love and not the other three baffles me

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM wrote
RYAN wrote
(ie me, coz nobody else has the balls to say anything)
Speaking for the testesless masses, I'm miffed!
Good cop, bad cop. Your very much Carter, im very much Reagan. Could be your softly softly approach to things is better than mine, but im more Flying Squad.
seems I must be Haskins then