Quantcast

The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel (79K views)

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

No Andee, i dont think so. Haskins was a mild mannered chap.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
ok some old brass or the dodgy villian

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Yeah, an old brass, PMSL

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee wrote
Sorry I have deleted all the videos on YT -

I give up........what a waste of my time
 Im totally baffled now. You say you have deleted all the clips on YT, yet this morning i can still click on Legs & Co clips from 1977 & 1978 that are on your channel.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

ADB,every TOTP show from 1967 to August 1979 i downloaded from a very well known site called The Box/ZXCV.Every existing Kenny Everett show,the Hot Gossip show,the Two Ronnies and several John Denver shows i also downloaded from the above sites.In addition,certain banned shows do get posted on-line.There are some banned clips of yours which i haven't found elsewhere,and i'm grateful for them such as Come Back And Finish What You Started.There are also some clips from YMG which i can't find elsewhere,and again i'm grateful for those such as Signed Sealed Delivered.
Even though my YouTube channel and the Legs,Ruby and Hot Gossip Facebook pages are not 'official OFTD',there are links to this place,and there are times when i promote things such as Mary's Q&A and Rosie's iTunes songs.So i like to think that whatever i 'take' from the site i do in some way give back.
So i don't simply 'lift' clips from OFTD's official channel.Besides,is this site an open and sharing one,or a closed and egotistical one?

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM
My vote goes for "open and sharing."  Of course we want OFTDs to be a premier Dance Group site but the notion of these clips being reposted and shared is really important to gain as wide an audience as possible and increase the deserved appreciation of these Dancers.  I do think some acknowledgement of the source is often appreciated however. The only exception to this sharing for me is where there is a explicit statement of exclusivity and non-reposting (such as the Legs & Co Cabaret performances) and I would be extremely disappointed to see this kind of guidance ignored.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
As some may or may not of noticed all Legs have been moved to DM, I am up to date with Legs & Co on DM.

Alas to my horror the first half of the DM channel became unplayable about 3/9/14, after a week back and forth with DM I got the answer that one of the servers was damaged by a flood.  DM is now showing the legend (for my eyes only)

Due to a recent technical incident, some of the videos uploaded to your channel between September 2013 and April 2014 may be temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience as we continue to work towards resolving this issue. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Of course I was gonna start a fresh upload, but thankfully some have reappeared and some are being encoded by DM as i type, so hopefully I am spared that task and service will be resumed in the next week or so.

Please be patient folks (I wasn't)

My final word on the subject, all BBC4 clips will move to DM (Legs & Ruby Flipper) whereas Pans and a smattering of Legs clips (deemed not suitable for DM broadcasting) and other sundries will remain on YT.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Old Grey Whistler
It seems strange to me that DM accepted Hotel California but rejected the other Eagles song, New Kid in Town.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM
Maybe it's JD Souther's fault?

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

New Kid has not been rejected it has fallen foul of the flood.........it is in status or 'rencode'

Ah I see. It's good that they accepted Elvis Presley.  I didn't think they would.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
well you are as surprised as I am

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

PattiForPM
Darn it I forgot that all my RF links would be defunct.  Better get to work later....

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Well you know my opinion on deleting clips from the YouTube channel. I believe it to be a huge mistake and i do not support it in any way shape or form. Why cut of a perfectly good and successful avenue of clips. This has caused a bit of friction between me and Andee, but when it comes to the channels, he has the final say. Thats not to say i dont support the idea uploading to DM as i see the advantages of better visuals etc. Well thats my stance on it.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Legs 77 finally complete in top notch viewing, had to retweak YT clips, but now viewable in 480.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
Finally up to date with last of upgrade Legs YT clips (vastly improved), including a rather lovely Too Much Heaven (if I say so myself)

please view in 480 (like on DM) and don't sit so close stand back it looks better, you don't watch TV with your nose pressed to the screen LOL

These upgrade YT clips and DM clips is how I want Legs & Co to be viewed.

Lets quash these deletion of YT clips once and for all, the only clips I have deleted are the upgrades, they are totally wiped off YT now once and for all, quash rumour number two no other YT clip has been deleted (apart from a couple by mistake - oops) they are all there, but can't be found on the playlist for Legs & Co at all

Once DM has stopped fannying about and finish encoding flood damage clips (God knows when) I will remove them all from the playlist leaving the upgrades and other sundries.

Lets get this straight, the other clips still can be viewed by clicking 'videos' from channel front page and scrolling through, they are all there to view (but not on the public playlists).

i think I know what I am doing with this channel (and DM), I just want only the upgrades viewed and the high grade clips on DM as i have taken time to redo these to upgrade the sound and visuals for both channels.

In the end it's a vision of viewing clips in high grade (or near damn high grade) and making OUR clips the best on the net (regardless of view figures or not, or other channels with the same clips)  the point is I want to do this forum proud and have folk click away and view them as they should be seen with love and attention to detail, to makes us and members of Legs & Co proud to watch them.

This is the point I was/and still making, I am not here to cause friction, in the end it is my final say on the presentation (not having a go), but for folk who prefer to watch YT then you can still view them all, but it would be a shame not to click DM (casual viewers can still watch YT clips and folk here if they love YT that much)........nuff said.

Next up is the move of Ruby Flipper to DM, don't worry they will still be there to view on YT (and up to P4PM to change the links, of course he doesn't have to), followed by some new ZDF clips, but in the interest of sanity I may or may not move pans (if I did it would be a long time before i think bout it, and I may leave it there on YT) in the end it's the BBC4 clips I wanna keep on DM.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
I have spoke with DM again, there is a bug issue that is stopping the completion  of videos stuck in encode mode, you won't be able to see them as there are a few missing clips on the public view (about 30), but I can see them in the admin role. So I guess it's a matter of time.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Just a shame you deleted the YT clips then, as i now have 30 dead DM links on my L&Co comments section. Wouldnt it just make sense to upload the 30 again and be done with it.

Re: The One and Only Official OFTD DM Channel

Andeebee
EH, the ones affected on DM have never been on YT at all