The Pan's People Diary

Re: The Pan's People Diary

VintageVideos
AC/PD wrote
Ironically, a greater number of comments might have been received after the thread ended than before it.
I couldn't have said it better.

AC/PD wrote
receiving gratitude on a daily basis after each and every diary entry
That certainly wasn't what I expected. Nevertheless the occasional outburst of excitement might have been helpful. But that's a general problem with anything Pan's - as Ryan said they're just the number-two (or even number-three) choice on this forum. There are several real Pan's fans on this site, but most of them have gone very quiet. Makes me feel increasingly lonely here.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

PattiforPM
I'm sorry if you feel a bit isolated here Vin.  I think there are many of us who, despite choosing Legs & Co if pressed for a preference, are really interested in Pans People and any insights others have to offer.  I also think this website is for Dance Troupes in general and all  TOTP Dance Troupes should be our common bond.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Mikey
I thought this was an excellent thread and somewhat surprised at its sudden end, of course there are many routines that we simply cannot see and therefore getting any meaningful comments is going to be tricky, so if thats the main flaw then fair enough.

On a related note are we shortly to see comments for I think of you? (which i am looking forward to )

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Legsfan
Vin, I also was doing some research and one photo just shouted out Save Me, so I did. It was a photo I really liked especially the fact that it was so nice to see Pan's People at a time when not really much exists. I didn't find any more photos that I wanted to save, so I hope you don't mind  Thank you very much!

Re: The Pan's People Diary

VintageVideos
You're a clever guy!

Re: The Pan's People Diary

PattiforPM
You're both too clever for me

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Mikey wrote
On a related note are we shortly to see comments for I think of you? (which i am looking forward to )
I've been a bit reluctant to feature it as I'm not completely happy with the version that's on the blog but I guess I'm left with no choice. How about a little xmas pressy?

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Dancer
I always read them Vin but felt it unnecessary to respond as it all read so professionally and succinctly.  It shouted at me to leave well alone and try refrain from making comments.  I hope that is not the reason that you have curtailed the page.  It all just read so lovely and flowed along and responses did not seem necessary as you had been so indepth with your knowledge.

There are a minimal amount of Pans fans out there.  I think through the law of averages (and biblical averages too) a lot of their fans are now "pushing up the daisies".  Even men of my age were not Pans fans at all unless they were dancing through recreation.  It was always the Dads that were born around the 1930s onwards as they saw them from the commencement.

I hope you restart the site anyway but can definitely understand the time constraints.  I never realised that you had to go through so much detritus to gather your information.  Only tonight I read something I never knew before about the TOTP dancers and that was Simon and Garfunkel walked out of the studio when the girls were going to dance to Mrs Robinson.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

AC/PD
Dancer wrote
I always read them Vin but felt it unnecessary to respond as it all read so professionally and succinctly.  It shouted at me to leave well alone and try refrain from making comments. ... It all just read so lovely and flowed along and responses did not seem necessary as you had been so in depth with your knowledge.
Back-handed compliments to the quality of the daily diary entries provided by Vin...no need for complimentary 'graffiti' on the thread itself.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

VintageVideos wrote
Mikey wrote
On a related note are we shortly to see comments for I think of you? (which i am looking forward to )
I've been a bit reluctant to feature it as I'm not completely happy with the version that's on the blog but I guess I'm left with no choice. How about a little xmas pressy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upD6cB9Rzvk

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Hanway2
 I have just read through all this very informative and enjoyable thread, all put up long before I knew about this Forum. May I say thank you to Vin and any one else who contributed to it.
As a declared Pan’s fan, so Vin is not alone, there was much I learned from the short period of postings.
There is a wealth of information on this site that I have not discovered yet. When you think you have, there is more like a magician’s hat that has no bottom.
I will spend a lot of time digging about in the nether regions of the OFTDs Forum, over the next however long period of time, I feel.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

VintageVideos
Yeah thanks, looking back it was a pity the thread ended so soon. I should have put some more thought in the creation of the thread, and instead of posting each and every day, I should have made it a weekly post with ample time for discussion.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

PansLegs
VintageVideos wrote
I should have made it a weekly post with ample time for discussion.
I'm sure all the folks here would love it to be reinstated as a weekly post.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Legsfan
I would love the PP diary to return

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Hanway2
 I would also love this thread to return, if you can Vin.
If enough of us ask for it, you can then say it has been brought back by ‘Popular Request’.
What do you think?

Re: The Pan's People Diary

JEZ
I always enjoyed reading this thread vin  ,it was also nice to see a picture of the routine ,if one was available on the dance you were covering that day.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

PansLegs wrote
VintageVideos wrote
I should have made it a weekly post with ample time for discussion.
I'm sure all the folks here would love it to be reinstated as a weekly post.
New content on the forum is always welcome but I am aware through the posts I do just how much time they can take up. Sometimes when only a few regulars take part it does make you question if the time could be better spent.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

For the benefit of discussion, an occasional entry may indeed be worth considering, Vin.
One a day would still have been worth recording for the twin purposes of interest and posterity but less so for speaking about and more as an outlet for points of reference.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Legsfan
One of my biggest OFTD regrets is not engaging regularly in the PP diary. I did read them every single morning, but looking back now I wish that I had engaged more often.

Re: The Pan's People Diary

Doc wrote
I am aware through the posts I do just how much time they can take up. Sometimes when only a few regulars take part it does make you question if the time could be better spent.
The TOTP previews were like that some weeks, so I can understand that.