The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

Everything'sRosie
Someone has uploaded the very first episode of this forgotten pop show. The episode is a few months ahead of the current TOTPs repeats. So some familiar faces. I'm told it might get taken down at any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty2D1xYHHHs

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

Gorgeous Daze
And furthermore the uploader intends to make 41 of the 43 editions of The Roxy available on YouTube. Well at least for a while. Will make a nice companion piece to TOTP. I remember the show though I didn't watch it as much as TOTP, though pretty similar it seemed to somehow lack a certain something that TOTP had.
Steve
HG

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

HG
I remember The Roxy. I think it went out a day or two before TOTPs.

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

Caracalla
Don't remember that one at all, I'll have to watch it.

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

AC/PD
I remember The Roxy - retitled by dissenters such as Nina Myscow as "The Poxy".
Good venue though.

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

Just got around to watching this. I do remember it vaguely, but i can't say i was to impressed. Maybe the follow-up shows improved. Kid Jensen was superb pop presenter, a big miss on 1980's TOTPs shows and way to good for this.
RYAN
GJB

Re: The Roxy (short-lived TOTPs clone from Tyne-Tees 1987)

GJB
        Episode 0043 05 Apr 1988
        Episode 0042 29 Mar 1988
        Episode 0041 22 Mar 1988
        Episode 0040 15 Mar 1988
        Episode 0039 08 Mar 1988
        Episode 0038 01 Mar 1988
        Episode 0037 23 Feb 1988
        Episode 0036 16 Feb 1988
        Episode 0035 09 Feb 1988
        Episode 0034 02 Feb 1988
        Episode 0033 26 Jan 1988
        Episode 0032 19 Jan 1988
        Episode 0031 12 Jan 1988
        Episode 0030 05 Jan 1988
        Episode 0029 22 Dec 1987
        Episode 0028 15 Dec 1987
        Episode 0027 08 Dec 1987
        Episode 0026 01 Dec 1987
        Episode 0025 24 Nov 1987
        Episode 0024 17 Nov 1987
        Episode 0023 10 Nov 1987
        Episode 0022 03 Nov 1987
        Episode 0021 27 Oct 1987
        Episode 0020 20 Oct 1987
        Episode 0019 13 Oct 1987
        Episode 0018 06 Oct 1987
        Episode 0017 29 Sep 1987
        Episode 0016 22 Sep 1987
        Episode 0015 15 Sep 1987
        Episode 0014 08 Sep 1987
        Episode 0013 01 Sep 1987
        Episode 0012 25 Aug 1987
        Episode 0011 18 Aug 1987
        Episode 0010 11 Aug 1987
        Episode 0009 04 Aug 1987
        Episode 0008 28 Jul 1987
        Episode 0007 21 Jul 1987
        Episode 0006 14 Jul 1987
        Episode 0005 07 Jul 1987
        Episode 0004 30 Jun 1987
        Episode 0003 23 Jun 1987
        Episode 0002 16 Jun 1987

Dunno why Archive staff call them episodes when they're editions, anyway here's Sam Fox from EDITION no 2 with Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now

There's researchers and there's GJB :)