The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick

Have been contacted by the BBC who will be broadcasting the story of the BBC Blooper tapes first thought up by my good friend Grant Watkins .
On Sunday 23rd December, BBC 4  at 9.30pm,, they will be showing these tapes again with a load of ‘errors’ from entertainers from back in the day ...... who knows .... there may even be a few that some have not seen before .....

I hope you are looking forward to some time off for the seasonal period, but more importantly, that you are all well and can  enjoy some time with friends and family, however you celebrate this time of year .

Wishing everyone of the OFTDs  Clan a very a peaceful time  and ALL good things for 2019 .

                                                                                                       Sue ..... 😉

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

sueforever
Thank you for the shout up about the blooper tape Sue. And I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New year.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick

                 Thank you Sueforever ..... hope you have a wonderful Xmas 😉

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

AC/PD
Thanks for the information, Sue.
That's a half hour programme worth circling and settling down for on Sunday week.
Wondering if the silent No More Tears clip used in the Some Girls compilation might now be Grant-ed sound.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick
This post was updated on .

Hahaha AC/PD 😂.   That little snippet from No More Tears between Patti and I will always remain an unanswered question.
Only the two of us know what we are discussing  👀    (And its a secret !! 😂)
But I’m glad that you will have something to watch on TV that Sunday 😉

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick wrote
Only the two of us know what we are discussing  👀    (And is a secret !! 😂)
Ha ha. Now if only OFTDs had a resident lip reader then maybe the secret would be spilled !

Of course nowadays, footballers especially can often be seen hiding their mouths when they speak in fear of lip readers.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Old Bill
I happen to have all the tapes on DVD somewhere... might make lip-reading a bit easier! haha ;-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

 Looking forward to watching the blooper tape very much, on 23rd of the month. Thank you Sue for the advance notice of this.
And a Very Merry Christmas to you and all your family, and hoping that 2019 only brings much happiness to us all.                                       And more old TOTPs dance routines are uncovered, and importantly, made available for general and repeated public viewing.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick

Trust you Old Bill ! Good luck with that !     😉🤗

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick

It would be amazing if any remaining footage is still out there and accessible. Sadly there may be very little left that hasn’t been ‘wiped’ or even in a fit state to work with . But ....... I never like to say “Never”, and I do believe  that unexpected things can happen ,So here’s to 2019 and some new /old finds !

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Caracalla
Dear Sue,
I'm new on here so iplease excuse me but I would like to be cheeky and ask a quick question. When you were dancing to "I'll Find My Way Home" were you lost in the music or feeling it, as it were, or was it mainly a practical experience of concentrating on the moves? I'm sure you've probably been asked that before but it's something I've always wondered as you looked so completely immersed in the dance.
yours
Andy

PS  Please accept my best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick wrote
It would be amazing if any remaining footage is still out there and accessible. Sadly there may be very little left that hasn’t been ‘wiped’ or even in a fit state to work with . But ....... I never like to say “Never”, and I do believe  that unexpected things can happen ,So here’s to 2019 and some new /old finds !
Of course 3 routines that have not been seen for 43 years will get their first public showing at The Southbank tomorrow and no one expected them to appear (I hope it’s the full routines but the report did say they’re only showing extracts despite having them complete ). Myself and AC/PD are going so we should be able to fill in the details later.
I’m still confident that there’s at least a few more out there to be found. There is certainly evidence such as screenshots and clips for 5 or 6 that may still exist complete in someone’s collection and I’m not ruling out any more Totps turning up just yet.
Still living in 1979

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Sue.  Hope 2019 is just fantastic for you.  I do think Babs and yourself get the best radio programme award for your interview on the BBC London in September.  Never known an hour fly by so much.  Enjoy yourselves.

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

I believe The Royal School For The Deaf is in Derby, and I'm sure within its walls would be some of the best lip-readers anywhere around to decipher Sue and Patti's conversation. Now all we need is someone who lives in Derby

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick wrote
Have been contacted by the BBC who will be broadcasting the story of the BBC Blooper tapes first thought up by my good friend Grant Watkins .
On Sunday 23rd December, BBC 4  at 9.30pm,, they will be showing these tapes again with a load of ‘errors’ from entertainers from back in the day ...... who knows .... there may even be a few that some have not seen before .....

I hope you are looking forward to some time off for the seasonal period, but more importantly, that you are all well and can  enjoy some time with friends and family, however you celebrate this time of year .

Wishing everyone of the OFTDs  Clan a very a peaceful time  and ALL good things for 2019 .

                                                                                                       Sue ..... 😉
I'll definitely be watching this - not going to miss the chance of seeing Legs & Co's bloopers 😆
Peace and Love to you Sue and everyone else on the OFTDs Blog at this wonderful time of year 🎅🏻

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Thanks for the Heads up Sue (and OB).  Please guys let us distant foreigners know what transpires in blooperland

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Sue Menhenick
Hi Andy (Caracalla) .... great to see another new member joining  the ranks ..... as you have no doubt found your way round the topics and threads ,you realise how much there is to see and enjoy .

“I’ll Find My Way Home”  being my final appearance on TOTPs was  memorable in many ways ...... so for me the performance was far more than just another dance routine ......
When Flick asked me to do this, it was after Legs and Co had sadly performed for the last time ..... so in a way, it was strange going back to the place where it all started for me  years before  .... so the end of that part was just as memorable and something I will always remember.

I hope you too have a great seasonal break and here’s to hopefully reading some more posts from you !

                                                            Sue      😉

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Caracalla
This post was updated on .
Hi Sue,
Thanks so much for the reply. Gosh, you've just made my Christmas!

I should think that that final dance must have been a very poignant moment and to such a wonderful piece of music. I think it is probably the most beautiful dance I have ever seen. It seems to tell a story in tandem with, but also seperate to, the song. I lack the language to express quite what the feelings are that it evokes but thankyou for an unforgettable treasure.
Andy

PS I'm sure you must have been asked this too, but any thoughts of writing a book?

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

Thanks for the heads-up Sue, I had no idea this was on and would have missed it as I tend to do too often. Shall set the 'tape' now.

Merry Christmas to you and your family, and indeed to everyone on OFTD. May you have a wonderful time and a peaceful, healthy new year.
This week, I are be mostly eating Brussels sprouts

Re: The Story of the BBC Tapes

I thought you were discussing a "slippery floor" Sue