Quantcast

The current chart. Shared between two!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
Ah Norman Cook, a well known Brighton and Hove Albion fan. I once had to move quickly to avoid his car when it was leaving a car park a few years back :-).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
Same old junk at No.1 again. So I'm going back to 2011 when Lewis Hamilton's Ex Nicole Scherzinger was No.1 with Don't Hold Your Breath. No way was I influenced by her changing her clothes in the back of a taxi at the start of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4nKOzk8qbw

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
Same guy at No.1 for the 3rd week. I didn't like it the first week.
I'm sitting on a train (or should that be in) so does anyone want to pick a decent track from this week from sometime in the last 25 or so years.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
OK, I'll do it.
I'm going back just 367 days to 29/03/15.

Number 1 for 3 weeks.
Jess Glynne - Hold My Hand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLyUcAUMmMY

Not her first No.1, that was 26/01/13 with Clean Bandit as a featured singer. She now has 5 chart toppers to her name (2 solo, 3 featured). Quite a successful 18 months or so.
Clean Bandit - Rather Be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-M1AtrxztU&ebc=ANyPxKp55yrg0TW-hLRGMNj1f_Y70AAh3v8cEJkYGupG5imfTw-c1PT7Kd2eg5vzriMiMoz9FcCDhI-M3yLEZng2261COnEGzA

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc

Well, we finally got a new No.1 and I'm so underwhelmed I've only just got round to mentioning it.

Drake featuring Wizkid and Kyla - One Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-X2WqLwcv4

You'll hate it.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
For this weeks retro No.1 I'm going way back to 18/02/1990 for it's last of 4 weeks at the top. A song that seems appropriate for today.
Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares To You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTS_DLZptkw

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Mikey
Or you could have "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" No 1 this week in 1994

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
OK, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqSi7lulMM

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc

Ha, I bet you thought I'd gone!
No it's just the same old rubbish has now been No.1 for 8 weeks and I've been having a snooze.

Quite an odd chart this week with only 1 new entry into the top 30. Many more smashing into the charts back in my day.
The new entry involves the current X Factor winner (cringe!) , but it's actually OK.

New entry at No.6:
Clean Bandit featuring Louisa Johnson - Tears
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpucqbZtmts

Anyone wish to guess this weeks old git. (It'll be no problem if you're old enough).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc

Well no one guessed the unknown old git, so he's back again!
Once again there is virtually no change in the chart, I think they've given up releasing new singles. Drake ft Wizkid and Kyla has clocked up it's 11th week at No. 1 and is now the longest run at the top this century.

12 years ago in 2004, back to a No.1 I'd forgotten. That was until I saw the video, which I instantly recognized. I suppose that ultimately the video was more memorable that the song.
Britney Spears - Everytime
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YzabSdk7ZA

Guess the old git or he'll be back!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

PattiForPM
?Malcolm Muggeridge (I don't want him back)

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
At last!
I must have finally reached that age where you find all new music to be rubbish, this year has been pretty awful and I've never felt that before.  I've not got to the stage where I have my Top Hits of the 70's CD on repeat play yet although I have started to listen to Absolute 70's occasionally.

Sadly there will be a new old git when something significant happens, but it may take some time.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

PattiForPM
I'm still buying new music but I agree this seems to have been a fallow year and I can think of very few albums I really like from this year.  I must be an old git too

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
The lack of new entries recently seems really strange.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
Yawn, Drake No.1 for a 12th week. Brian Adams record could be in danger!

(No guess this week as I think we all know who this fool is).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Here's a Top 8 of this biggest No.1's of the 2000's by weeks at the top.

Here's links to 6 of the top 7.
1. Only cover versions on you tube
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcs-mhO4AHs
3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bd2B6SjMh_w
4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqLLDZvbG-U
5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_weSk0BonM
6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYeekQkAdc
7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPf0YbXqDm0

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

PattiForPM
I don't really like the #1 but thank God something has overtaken the horribly repetitive Umbrella

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc
Difficult to pick a favourite. I do like the oldie from Tony Christie and the video is still amusing.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Doc

13 weeks now, being kept there on streaming despite not being the best seller.
The top 4 has been the same for 3 weeks!
Highest new entry smashes into the chart at No.56.

Still you can guess the old git (should be easy).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!

Legsfan
I think it's Alastair Sim?