The current chart and music of the 21st Century. New No.1!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
It's OK, but don't go streaming it this week.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Everything'sRosie wrote
And the Mariah Carey record is rubbish.
Specially for you ER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umL_9qxTulA

(PS i am not responsible for this)

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Everything'sRosie
Oh yes, that's much better. Thanks Mikey. Actually fits very well.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Gorgeous Daze
Always a great video to watch, but for me I've seen better fits though it is passable.

I'm not usually one for the buxom one, but I must say I think AIWFCIY is a cracking pastiche.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Some bits work ok, its just a bit of fun really.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

VintageVideos
Yeah I thought it wasn't half bad really. Some parts worked quite well.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Mikey
I'm still impressed by Mary's high kicks.

Oh we're supposed to be talking about current music aren't we, oops.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
The top 3 is only 33% current.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Gorgeous Daze wrote
.....but I must say I think AIWFCIY is a cracking pastiche.
Needs a slight change to the lyrics though - AIWFCIL

Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is Lulu
   😍 🎅🏻🎄 😍

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
At the half way point it looks like Wham! will fall short once again and may finish at No.3. The only song that probably has a chance to replace the Ed Sheeran track at the top is an Eminem track, River, that has not been pushed as a single and has unexpectedly jumped up the chart. There is a guest vocalist on this track and he's called Ed Sheeran!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

PattiforPM
I gotta say I'm no Chart purist usually but the idea that a "campaign" would determine the Xmas #1 is completely foreign to me so I'm oddly glad that Wham might have failed

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Well, no surprise Ed Sheeran got the Christmas No.1 with Perfect!

Here's a Christmas No.1 from the 70's, click it if you dare!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YriPIujLtsA

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Still Ed at No.1. The Christmas records have all disappeared to be replaced by a surge in people listening to the big songs from 2017.

So copying the trend here's a No.9 hit from early 2017
Dua Lipa - Be The One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rey3m8SWQI

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Ed Sheeran has been knocked off the top spot by Ed Sheeran with a little help from Eminem!

Eminen ft Ed Sheeran - River
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BXDsVD6O10

A bit down the chart at No.7 is one that caught my attention.
Camila Cabello - Never Be The Same
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRo6MnXObuE

30 years ago there was a rather good No.1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2F4INQFjEI

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Another new No.1 this week.
Drake - God's Plan
I think it's really tedious so I'm not bothering to find a link.

The top 3 this week are all rappers, don't know if that's happened before?

The first non rap song, climbing 10 places to No.4 and maybe challenging for the top is:
Dua Lipa - IDGAF
https://youtu.be/Mgfe5tIwOj0
(The title becomes obvious if you listen to it).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Couldn't resist this list of all the Canadians to get UK No.1s. So P4PM which is your favourite, there are some horrors here?
I think I'll go for Nelly Furtado in 2006. I have to say I really hate Magic! - Rude from 2014!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

PattiforPM
Oh Dear Doc I'm not so proud of these I must say!  Not sure which is my favourite really but I do like Despacito, Stitches and Maneater and I don't mind Everything I do (even after every time I've heard it)  Incidentally I really hate Magic too

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Who's That Hurll
Jeppo is easily the best here.

Canadian No.1s. Not one in the 60s, that's a surprise. Most are 21st century. No Shania Twain or Alanis Morrisette, again, a surprise (not that I'm complaining).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

VintageVideos
I like Gordon Lightfoot, The Guess Who and to some extent also Joni Mitchell, Anne Murray and Neil Young (all are represented in my record collection). But most of them never really made it in the UK singles charts because their music does not appeal to kids and teenies.