Quantcast

The current chart and music of the 21st Century.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Close, it was the same years as the other tracks, 2002.

'Yes they're very nice, but they are not Everest and K2 are they!'

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Here's an interesting picture of a well known trio who are still looking good, but quite a bit different from how they used to look. Anyone want to guess their names?

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Legsfan
The face (well slightly older) ring a bell from the TOTP repeats, so I'm going to say Bananarama
Sioban, Keren and Sara
Is it true they have reunited?

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Correct that it's the Banana's but the order is:
Keren, Sara and Siobhan.
Here they are in almost the same pose about 35 years earlier.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Legsfan
1983 Bananarama were very hot

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
There's a good chance the top single may be in a foreign language this week. Quite possibly down to them releasing a mix with Justin Bieber in it!
( I think I preferred Sheeran domination to Bieber domination).

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
New No.1 confirmed.

1. Luis Fonsi/Daddy Yankee/Bieber - Despacito (Remix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Y2lLkUWlo

In the USA last weeks UK No.1 from DJ Khaled has gone straight in at No.1.

Here's the original Bieber free version of Despacito
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJQP7kiw5Fk

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
It's all gone a bit stagnant again, virtually no movement in the top 10.

Highest new entry:
Miley Cyrus - Malibu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j9zMok6two

The 24 year old is back with more of a girl next door look and a pleasant if unspectacular new song.

Also fans of the Bananas may want to watch Sounds of the Eighties on IPlayer as they are Sara Cox's guests this week.