The current chart and music of the 21st Century.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
It will be interesting to see if the record companies change the way they release albums. It would seem to make sense to release 2 or 3 singles before putting the whole album online. That would give the best of the rest on the album a chance of getting in to the chart on their own merit.
They need to find a way to bring back the excitement of seeing what's new in the chart, at the moment you know it's going to be roughly the same as last week, which makes it rather tedious. Whilst the result will be much more contrived than in the past I'd much rather know what people are going out of their way to listen to and not what has found it's way into their favourites playlist and is being streamed regularly by default.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Dancer
Yes it will be interesting but I never listen to singles chart.  I wait for your status.  It is a good idea to only allow three tracks though as Ed Sheeran has dominated the chart, prior to him I am sure Adele had a fair run.  I never follow the album charts either.  I tend to go on the chart what is in HMV.  Nothing is tempting anymore.  We will see how all this pans out.  It is all in its embryonic stage at the moment and all of these new changes have teething problems.  Time will tell.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Week no.8 for Despacito. Come on someone release a decent record and knock it off the top!

New rules in place this week have seen one Ed Sheeran song kcked out of the chart. Other older songs have dropped a little as their stream only count for 50% now compared to new songs.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
After 9 weeks at the top Despacito has now dropped to No.2 being replaced at the top by:
Wild Thoughts - DJ Khaled featuring Rihanna and Bryson Tiller.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyaI4-5849w

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Dancer
Goodness me how many number ones has Rhianna had?  She must have some all time record now surely.  Only album I have of hers is her second or third one.  So out of touch with music now especially since I bought a boxed set of CDs of the Stylistics yesterday in HMV.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
9 I believe. I suspect the video might be playing a part in the high sales!