The current chart and music of the 21st Century.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Everything'sRosie
I didn't expect to see Neil Young or Joni Mitchell in any list of Number Ones. Same with Leonard Cohen. These are highly regarded artists of cultural importance, whose work will be admired by future generations. Most chart music is pap of a transitory nature, but I guess that's why we love it.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

It's another week at the top for the dire God's Plan, I've obviously crossed the barrier and become old as I cannot see what those streaming it like about it? Not a great deal of note in the top 10 however rising 5 to No.5 is an old hand to the chart Craig David with a reasonable if a little bit too laid back song.
Craig David ft Bastille - I Know You
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kka1a_j3dmg

30 years ago this hero of the shopping malls was at the top!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6Q3mHyzn78

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Another week at the top for the awful God's Plan thanks to it being streamed 7.1 million times in the last week. In the download only chart it only scrapes in at No.5.

No.1 in the download chart and No.2 in the combined chart is a collaboration between Rudimental, Jess Glynne and Macklemore which is somewhat better than the Canadian dirge blocking it.

These Day - Rudimental/Glynne/Macklemore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjTj-_55WZ8

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
I thought I’d look and see what is No. 1 in America, you guessed it God’s Plan! Scotland have differing opinions as it only gets to No.13 there with These Days being their favourite track.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

A month at the top now and it's finally got a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=288&v=XUqRem0W8L8

I have to say I much preferred the No.1 17 years ago!

An interesting bit of info about the song, it was recorded just before Kerry Katona was replaced by Jenny Frost, they even made a video of it with her which was quickly replaced by the one above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkaCgIIVdaM

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
5 weeks at the top for Drake, thanks to everyone watching the new video! (yes that counts now).

10 years ago the No.1 was somewhat better. a young lady called Amy was at the top, now what happened to her?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7ZEVA5dy-Y