The current chart and music of the 21st Century

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Old Grey Whistler
If  England win the semi final on Wednesday, then expect Baddiel & Skinner to top the charts next week.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Mikey
Bet Ian Brodie is thinking about his royalty cheque already. Does that mean the current generation are not interested/unable to write even a half decent footie song so they have to dig this one up again. Speaking of footie i love how the video to Life Of Riley is just footage of goals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCm3bS6wXvk

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Old Grey Whistler wrote
If  England win the semi final on Wednesday, then expect Baddiel & Skinner to top the charts next week.
Extremely unlikely as there is formula that devalues streams of old songs to stop them hanging around the Top 75 for years.

Any song that is more than 10 weeks old and has had it's streams decline 3 weeks in a row will require twice the number of streams to equal one sale. It is possible to reset this if sales suddenly spike but only if the record is under 3 years old.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Well, despite being disadvantaged by the chart rules, 3 Lions has been streamed so much in the last few  days that it is now a hot favourite to hit the top on Friday. Even George Ezra has tweeted in support of dethroning his single.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Well, despite being disadvantaged by the chart rules, 3 Lions has been streamed so much in the last few  days that it is now a hot favourite to hit the top on Friday. Even George Ezra has tweeted in support of dethroning his single.
They've made it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-44818894

Officially number 1

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Old Grey Whistler
It 's the first time in about 15 years that I have actually heard of the No.1

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
It's the first time ever that a single has gone to No.1 4 times!
Twice in 1996, once in 1998 and now once in 2018.

The Anti Trump campaign to get American Idiot to the top stalled at No.25.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Back to some sort of normality this week, Three Lions sets a new record for the biggest drop from No.1, 96 places (the year it was released). Drake is back at No.1 again with In My Feelings. Obviously very popular but his music does nothing for me.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
6 weeks after it was last at the top, George Ezra returns to No.1 with Shotgun.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Not much going on, so here's a small quiz.

Which individual or group is this chart record for?

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Gorgeous Daze
Quick guess - the recent sexagenarian Madonna?

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Far too easy really. It's an impressive record.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Compares well with Sir Cliff,

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Everything'sRosie
I'm guessing Presley's record is even more impressive, though going by our recent Number Ones polls people are, on the whole, only interested in his 1950s output.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
He's not called The King for nothing:

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
New No.1:

Eastside - Benny Blanco / Halsey / Khalid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56WBK4ZK_cw

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
New No.1:
Calvin Harris and Sam Smith - Promises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkLk2XWMBf8

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Currently about as stagnant as a land locked pond. Calvin and Sam return to the top one week after being knocked off the top by the rather awful Funky Friday. I don’t know who listens to dirge like FF, but I do know that it was streamed over 7 million times last week.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
A new No.1 and it's an unexpected return to No.1, 8 years after her last chart topper.

Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper - Shallow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo_efYhYU2A

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

VintageVideos
That is actually a good song, saw the video a couple of days ago and my wife said, "Isn't that Lady Gaga"? I replied, "Nah, it's a band, there's a guy singing as well"! Well, what do I know about the current music