The current chart and music of the 21st Century

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Gorgeous Daze
Perhaps I should check it out then. To me it seems like Shallow is No.1 every week.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Well it wasn't the sort of fodder I was expecting, I'll give it that. I'd need to listen a few more times to decide whether I like it or not.

She's changed a bit hasn't she!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Not seen this film yet or heard the Number 1.  The reviews for the film are excellent and I was thinking she was going to sing "Evergreen".

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
A rare event these days where it can now take months to get to No.1, this week straight in to the top is:

Ariana Grande - Thank U, next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OeR5XBEahU&list=PLFO0esT_hEQSS4vqO1nh5i6TRyIvsMXAN

Still living in 1979

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
No change at the top thanks to the belated release of a video for the song. Because of this it recorded the biggest number of streams in a week (14.9 million) beating the record set by Ed Sheeran's Shape of You.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl1aHhXnN1k

Elsewhere Mariah Carey is up to No.6 with All I Want For Christmas Is You, which is impressive since the streaming counts gets halved for old songs.
Still living in 1979

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Well no one expected it, but he's gone and got the Christmas No.1!

LadBaby - We Built This City (on Sausage Rolls)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEB8bfP7wE

It's all for charity.

Mariah Carey won the battle of the old Christmas records coming in at No.4, Wham at No.7 and The Pogues at No.11.
Still living in 1979

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Old Grey Whistler
I assume this guy isn't the X Factor winner.
Weirdly I quite like this and if it is for charity then that's great, but watching people eating sausage rolls is making me hungry!

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Dancer
Never heard this song - I have just had it flash up on my FB newsfeed and thought "well another novelty record to embarass us even more".  Would have liked Mariah Carey's Christmas song to get to No.1 given that it is the best Christmas dance song.  The X-Factor winner apparently recorded The Power of Love.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
Last weeks No.1 drops 20 places this week in a chart dominated by Christmas songs (25 of the top 40). Once again Mariah Carey stalls at No.2.
However the new No.1 has nothing to do with the time of the year.

Ava Max - Sweet But Psycho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXBHCQYxwr0

Still living in 1979

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Dancer
All those Christmas songs in the Top 10!  Elton John too and the original only got to 24 in 1973.  The art of streaming obviously.  One other shock is The Greatest Showman soundtrack at No.1.  Seems to have been No.1 in the album charts for years.  Surely this has surpassed Saturday Night Fever now.  I have not heard one track from this album at all.

Re: The Old Gits chart update!occasional band from my

Doc
No change at the top. The only big difference is all the Christmas songs have now plummeted out of the chart.

A couple of noteworthy big climbing colaborations that stand out from the current crop.

4. Mark Ronson and Miley Cyrus - Nothing Breaks Like  A Heart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9hcJgtnm6Q

8. James Arthur and Anne Marie - Rewrite The Stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfmrE0ToTo
Still living in 1979
1 ... 20212223