The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Locked 186 messages Options

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Both ER & Mikey are incorrect with the BONUS answer.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Whoops, my error.

ER is correct.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

S4E & ER are correct.

BONUS maths answer - A=1, B=2, R=18, L=12, D=4, F=6 gives 43 multiplied by the 3 song title words = 129.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

If (A=1,B=2, C=3 etc) then add up the total figure of all six dancers first names in this (Names we know them by)
Going by the wording, it looks as if Mikey is correct because the question mentions first names and not first letters of first names.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

PattiforPM
I got 807 with Andi

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

AC/PD
That may or may not be a moot point, P4PM. ( Have a moot point! )

Vin has her down as Andrea in the Comments Section thread.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Yes, i read it as the sum of all the letters not just the first of each name. I did debate the Andrea/Andy/Andi thing as well and went with Andrea as the safe option

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Point taken! FYI Moot is worth 63

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

AC/PD
PattiforPM wrote
Point taken! FYI Moot is worth 63

Quite a leader-board leap there!

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

PattiforPM
At times like this I can't help seeing the avatars as a reflection of our reactions; Mikey and I looking quite pleased with ourselves, ACPD looking amazed that we would argue about such a thing and Ryan looking totally serene and unimpressed by the whole thing!

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

AC/PD wrote
Vin has her down as Andrea in the Comments Section thread.
That's just because I couldn't make up my mind on either Andi or Andy!

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

AC/PD
VintageVideos wrote
AC/PD wrote
Andy would generate a higher score on a Scrabble board.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

AC/PD wrote
RYAN wrote
If (A=1,B=2, C=3 etc) then add up the total figure of all six dancers first names in this (Names we know them by)
Going by the wording, it looks as if Mikey is correct because the question mentions first names and not first letters of first names.
Yeah i meant the first letters of the six names. Just another complete nightmare on my part yet again, simply a bad worded question. So what do i do now ?????

Because of the contentious Andrea/Andi issue, i certainly wouldn't be going down the route of asking folk to total up the letters in the first names of Pans People. That would also be the case with Legs & Co with Rosie/Rosemary, or even Gill/Gillian.

Because ER got the answer before Mikey (ER obviously worked out what i was after) then the 2 points stay with him.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Legsfan
It could be time for a new Nabble poll. Is it Andi, Andy or Andrea - You decide!
Nearly all of the ladies have shorter names.

Gillian > Gill
Rosemary > Rosie
Patricia > Patti
Susan > Sue
Louise > Lulu
Barbara > Babs
Felicity > Flick
Cheryl > Cherry
Andrea > Andi/Andy
Patricia > Dee Dee

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

Suspensions apply to S4E and ER for the first hour.

I feel that im asking for trouble with this evening BONUS question, but here goes !

For 3 points. Count up the total amount of separate items of `black` clothing that the six dancers are wearing collectively ? These include items worn around appendages like wrists and neck. DO NOT include shoes or tights. Your answer must match up with mine, so be sure you are correct.

Or for 2 points - Name the routine ?

A rather cowardly Heart of Glass

Both of those figures are wrong by my reckoning.

Re: The eveningly picture quiz for June. Artwork & Maths !

PattiforPM wrote
A rather cowardly Heart of Glass
Yes, no probs folk taking the easy 2 points. But is something i need to think about. Im considering introducing a `4 pointer` in which if a player answers the bonus in 4 minutes after ive posted it, they get 4 points. That might just prompt them to click on the clip and watch it.