The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

VintageVideos
IOHEFY certainly suffers from the "second version syndrome". It had to be completely different from the first one, and, one has to concede, in this respect Flick certainly delivered.
It is the only real Turkey as far as I'm concerned. For the record my other choices were The Entertainer and Funky Weekend. But I'd rather have picked My Sweet Lord, Seasons In The Sun or Spirit In The Sky - all of which weren't on offer.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

I went with The Entertainer, Funky Weekend and Til You Come Back To Me, though The Entertainer is the only one I truly dislike. I don't have a problem with IOHEFY. All rather ethereal and the song is good. The trouble is, not only do we not get any close-ups of the dancers, it's even difficult to tell who is who.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

CoffeeThing wrote
Went Collins, Franklin and Funky Weekend. Surprised Art scored so poorly well!
Probably because it was so poorly lit.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Yup the candles were a goofy idea, you can't see the dancers properly, the costumes are a bit boring, the frozen vegetation is in the way, the song is not at all dancey and the moves are a bit pedestrian.  It's about as Christmassy as a funeral in Lapland for an unpopular reindeer, sorry

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Doc
How did you managed to get 3 votes for the Carpenters P4PM?

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Everything'sRosie wrote
Til You Come Back To Me
Can't really see why this one is so unpopular with a couple of members. It's got a nice storyline, it's got humour, it's a song by the Queen of Soul and it's starring Ruth, so it should be a 10 in every one's book!

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Dancer
I went with Judy Collins, Marvin Hamlisch and Art Garfunkel.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
I voted Art, Carpenters and Judy and I too am puzzled by antipathy towards the Ruth/Aretha song, which I think is done very well indeed.  I only voted once I promise Doc but I certainly would have canvassed for the rather dreadful Kind of Hush.  I think I rather resent the very few late Pans dances which I don't like as I see it as such a waste of the few months left to them if you see what I mean

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Legsfan
I voted for Judy, Art and The Beatles.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Doc
Legsfan wrote
I voted for Judy, Art and The Beatles.
Ah poor Cherry in Yesterday, I couldn't let her down!

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

My votes went to There's A Kind Of Hush, The Entertainer, and Both Sides Now.
I Only Have Eyes For You works as a Christmas Day, let's do something different routine IMO. However, I can see why, in the last week of March, folks aren't in the Christmas mood and have voted so strongly against it.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

mojo2007
Sound judgement, I voted  the same way.  As an old jazz/blues fan The Entertainer takes me back to the ragtime craze after  The Sting.  Not the dancers finest hour but timeless music.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

The NHS would save a fortune if instead of prescribing sleeping tablets, they told patients to watch I Only Have Eyes For You.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Doc
Make sure you get the right one, the first attempt was much better.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

The Rubberband Man
Hmmm. I seem to be the only one holding a candle for I Only Have Eyes For You.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
Sorry RBM can't help you with this one but you can have my candle

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Old Grey Whistler
Well I think I Only Have Eyes For You was quite good. At least it is memorable unlike Funky Weekend which I have forgotten about within about 3 minutes of watching it.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Legsfan wrote
I voted for Judy, Art and The Beatles.
+1

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

I agree with OGW. The Christmas Art is right for the occasion and the sentimental atmosphere. Even the dim lighting is appropriate for a Christmas Day exterior. Granted it's not great but given the 'danceability' limits imposed by the song itself, the routine gets a pass for the occasion alone. (Tempted to sway slightly as this ie being typed)
The chosen routines in this retake poll were Both Sides Now, The Entertainer and There's A Kind Of Hush (forced at gunpoint by P4PM to vote for that one)
It has to be said that if these are the Pan's People turkeys, they need fattening up a little to make the next Christmas meal go round.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

The Rubberband Man wrote
My votes went to There's A Kind Of Hush, The Entertainer, and Both Sides Now.
I Only Have Eyes For You works as a Christmas Day, let's do something different routine IMO. However, I can see why, in the last week of March, folks aren't in the Christmas mood and have voted so strongly against it.
I should have just added +1 to a quote of TRM's post to cut corners.
1234