Quantcast

The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

The Rubberband Man
AC/PD wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
My votes went to There's A Kind Of Hush, The Entertainer, and Both Sides Now.
I Only Have Eyes For You works as a Christmas Day, let's do something different routine IMO. However, I can see why, in the last week of March, folks aren't in the Christmas mood and have voted so strongly against it.
I should have just added +1 to a quote of TRM's post to cut corners.
Well I'll add a +1 to your comments and to what OGW said. In the context of it being Christmas and that song is really undanceable, I think what's been produced is not all that bad and doesn't justify it's lowly scoring.
(I think I'll have to go and rate it now after everything I've said  )

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
-1

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Very rare that a Christmas routine betters the original from early in the year (i can think of only 1) and IOHEFY is no exception. Though i take on board what a few of the guys say about the context of the routine being at shown at Christmas and in that respect it sort of worked. Ive never really had that much of a problem with it, maybe trying to appreciate that FC was trying to create something that fitted in with the time of year and also the fact that Christmas shows really meant something back then, with lots of effort being put into the production.

Would i want to play it again by choice, well no. Then again that also goes for the majority on the poll.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
"My love must be a kind of blind love...."  I still think it's best use was as a confusing item in past Ryan quizzes

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

 I find it difficult to comprehend how someone could have `Then Came You` in their 3 choices for least favourite. Unless that person didn't understand the intro post rules of course .
(Whistles innocently).

But openly states he fully understood the requirements.

IOHEFY is a frustrating routine because we're never invited in but I like the pagan atmosphere and agree with RBM that it works when you're in a certain festive frame of mind.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
Gorgeous Daze wrote
 it works when you're in a certain festive frame of mind.
I used to go out drinking every Boxing Night with all the reprobates I knew and drink numerous Martinis (the only night of the Year I'd drink these BTW) and sometimes enter that frame of mind by the end of the night

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Gorgeous Daze wrote
IOHEFY is a frustrating routine because we're never invited in but I like the pagan atmosphere and agree with RBM that it works when you're in a certain festive frame of mind.
Just on the subject of being invited in, IOHEFY at Xmas is one of those frustrating routines in which dancer identification can be a difficult job as to the fact there are seldom few close-ups. Of course that may be another reason that this routine isn't loved by many as we all love the odd close-up, though im sure by now us old campaigners with our experienced eyes can easily ID them  .

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Gorgeous Daze
Yes although you can eventually ID them, routines where it's a struggle never get near to bothering the top half of any ratings table.

My other votes were for UYCBTM (again the soul number doesn't appeal at all and the classic expressiveness isn't highly appreciated either), And Both Sides Now (on re-watching it the choreography doesn't deserve the rough treatment this gets but the 'school ma'ams' look terribly dreary in black and white so that's the abiding impression of the dance).

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
I do agree that IOHEFY loses out on its distant focus.  I honestly watched my three choices a few times to see if they gained from familiarity and Both Sides Now did but TAKOH and IOHEFY did not.  In fact I disliked them a bit more for their failure to reveal hidden treasures to be honest.  Anyway I'll stop ragging them now as I'm sounding like some kind of ruddy Dance fundamentalist

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM wrote
"My love must be a kind of blind love...."  I still think it's best use was as a confusing item in past Ryan quizzes
I really do miss all that and who knows, one day i may get back the enthusiasm to do some more. They were great days that will always stay in my memory.

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

I really do miss all that
+1
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

CoffeeThing
Sadly, I literally missed all that!

Re: VOTE HERE on the forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Who's That Hurll
I voted for:  I Only Have Eyes For You, The Entertainer and What Am I Gonna Do With You.
WTH

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Sorry been away so missed participating in this vote.  However, no amount of innocent whistling is going to save the culprit who voted "Then Came You" as one of their three least favourite Pans routines a spell in the funny farm!
And as for the nine of you that chose 'The Entertainer', well that is slightly more understandable but, I'm sure somebody must offer a discount for bulk purchases of straight jackets!

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

PattiForPM
Yes I must say I find the Entertainer an innocuous and quite cute little piece undeserving of one's derision and true to its roots but that's just my opinion.  I like Then Came You very much indeed and will don my shining armour on its behalf whenever called upon.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

That's over 50% of participants damned! Oh well, long been apparent most of us are committed.

TCY wouldn't even enter into consideration were I to choose the worst three from all available. But it doesn't do a lot for me and I find unique routines like The Entertainer and IOHEFY more interesting.

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

VintageVideos
The Entertainer is certainly not among my three least favourite routines, but it was among the ones on offer. It's simply a testimony how good Pan's People still were when they were not at their peak.
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !

Gorgeous Daze wrote
That's over 50% of participants damned! Oh well, long been apparent most of us are committed......
You know me GD.  Broad stokes, sweeping gestures, exaggerated effects, megalomanic tendencies.  I should have been a choreographer!

Re: The forums least favourite Pans People routines (Take 2) !