Top 3's

PattiforPM
Hello Friends, Here's an opportunity to post a "Top 3" and comment on the last person's "Top 3" too.  Girls, Routines, Intros, Costumes - anything is fair game (within reason).  To start you off, here are the Top 3 sexy Legs& Co routines IMHO:

               1.  One Nation Under the Groove - Funkadelic  (It's uploaded SueFan!)

               2.  Kiss You All Over - Exile

               3.  Alright Now - Free

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Neat idea Pattiforpm, can't imagine the Beeb broadcasting Alright Now these days and that would have been close to my top 3 sexy numbers as well.  Unfortunately I've not seen either of your other two choices yet - about 200 Legs clips in the collection and you pick two I've not got!

Talking Legs&Co as a group, rather than fixating on one girl all the time, three of my favourite sexy numbers are:

3.  Dancing In The City - Marshall Hain
2.  Night Fever - Bee Gees
1.  Silver Lady - David Soul as danced by Sue, Gill, Patti and Pauline on 01/09/77.

Silver Lady is one of my all-time favourites.  Perhaps the best four dancers, a routine that compliments the music, and you can't go wrong with those costumes, although I don't think they'd have been much use in all that Indiana rain.

Re: Top 3's

   Great choices suefan, Dancing the in city, Fedoras and leopard skin , sexy. Night fever, see through nighties, even sexier.  I also prefer that version of silver lady , unusual to dance with only 4.

  Heres my 3.

  3rd- Dont push it dont force it. Leon Hayward.
  2nd- Maid in heaven. Be bop deluxe.
  1st - Loves unkind. Donna Summer.

  The leon Hayward song for obvious reasons, Maid in heaven cause Sue gets all out of breath at the end and works up a good sweat( check it out), And Loves unkind Cause its the quintessencial Legs and co performance. Yes its a girls song i know !

Re: Top 3's

PattiforPM
Good choices Ryan.  That "Don't Push It" is the biggest regret I have re Patti's absence but I must admit the other girls did a bonza job and those short dresses are almost too much for the old ticker nowadays.  Here are my choices for best costumes (I've left out Alright Now cos I could mention it in every section and that would get boring but first time I watched it was in Uni after Residence Supper and it got a spontaneous standing ovation from the students in the TV Room (not all men either!!)).  Anyway here are my top 3 outfits:

          3.  "Egyptian Reggae"  Sorry chaps, the girls, not the camel.

          2.  ""Funkin for Jamaica"  Patti in Yellow Heaven but Lulu might almost have stolen this one at 2:13

          1.  "Fashion"  Tight, shiny and skimpy; nuff said.

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
The girls got to wear lots of good costumes, a few great one and a handful that were dire. I'm not sure I'd go for any of your choices Pattiforpm, although Lulu's bottom wiggling at 2.13 is a big plus point for your second pick.

Avoiding routines already mentioned (that Silver Lady number ticks all my boxes) three costumes that I don't forget in a hurry are:

3.  Green Onions - Booker T & the MG's.  Those black and white numbers.  Carnaby Street here I come.

2.  The Groove - Rodney Frankin.  Shirt and belt - why bother with skirts when you've got legs as good as that.

1.  Lets Go Round Again - Average White Band.   I know, I know, you asked me about costumes.  Well she is wearing one, just...... I have to ration my viewing of this one on Doctor's orders but I'd better just play it again - now exactly when does she reach back to smooth out those bikini briefs, is it at 2.00 or 2.02.

Re: Top 3's

Patti'sdaughter
My top 3 has got to be:-

1.  Lonely Boy.  (it makes me smile every time I watch it.  Thank you PattiforPm for sending it & YMG for posting it)
2.  Silver Lady.  (Both routines.  think they all look sexy.)
3.  Nobody does it better, by carley simon.  The costumes are cool and my Mum dances first and last as is in the center.
amy x
amy x

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Three good choices Amy covering a wide range of dance styles and moods.  As you say they all look sexy in Silver Lady.  Having forgotten about the show for many years this was one of the first clips I came across which renewed my interest in the girls and its been my favourite ever since.  The song, the dance, the girls all just fit together for me.

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Want to hijack the thread for just a mo since my question does not warrant one of its own.

Just wondering if there is one particular routine that you really dislike, and if so for what reason.  My least favourite is that "Hooked on Classics' thing from 1981.  That music and those costumes; I don't think so.  I hesitate to use the word sleazy, but there, I have.

Re: Top 3's

 Thats easy for me to answer, as i had this one out with Amy the other week. The horrendous `Ma Baker`. God that is just cringeworthy. Damn lazy choreography by ms Colby having the other 5 just messing about in chairs, whilst our glourious girl is done up like a dogs dinner, doing that daft dance. I just cant bear to view that one at all these days. I dont usually mind the odd hammed up routine like Ma nah ma nah. You could see some thought had gone in to that one. Yes i know Flick had a tough job, but that was just rubbish. Am i starting to sound a bit hard again. Between you and me i was thinking of making Flick the subject of one of my saturday wind ups, but i fear the backlash will be to much. I must stop upsetting my friends on here.

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
I'd agree with you Ryan that the Ma Baker number is a weak effort but don't be too harsh on Flick, it was probably one of those weeks when they had little time to sort out the dance and probably no money in the kitty for a set.

As for Sue getting togged up as the old lady I can't say it bothers me - who else could, or would, have done it.  Lulu and Pauline, no way, it just would not have suited them; Gill I can see freezing Flick with a single stare at the very suggestion, and quite right.  Rosie, unlikely; Patti, perhaps, maybe.  No, not by chance me'thinks that our Sue gets both this role and the bumble bee - she's not just the team captain you see, she's the all-rounder as well.

Re: Top 3's

PattiforPM
You Guys are really uncannily good.  I was thinking for a couple of days now of a "Worst 3" section and here's my chance.  Remembering that some of the songs are truly naff and time constraints taken into consideration some numbers have nevertheless bombed (albeit with girls still dancing well and getting the max out of the choreography).  So all excuses and reasons aside I have to tackle this "Bottom 3" hoping not to hurt feelings.  Here are my own 3 worst Legs & Co clips:

3.  MacArthur Park:  Girls hidden as trees MIGHT have worked but not really and the song is truly weird so I forgive them.

2.  Smurf Song:  I'm sorry but this whole song/costume fiasco just irked me even as a callow youth.

1.  Carwash:  It hurts me but this was just a painfully missed opportunity with one of the best funk songs in history and a song about washing cars involving a super-hot dance troupe but no-one thinks of suds/water/getting soaked while washing sports cars!  I nearly assassinated Flick Colby after this one.  And as for those hideous revolving buffers, give me strength!

Sorry for any offence I have caused in this post but it comes from the heart as I wanted every dance to be a classic (as many were)

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Hi Pattiforpm, sorry for hijacking the thread and getting us to consider routines we didn't like, although I was careful in my request for just one number to consign to Room 101.  That aside, I was hoping for a comment on my choice - is it just me, but I find it inappropriate somehow.

Re: Top 3's

PattiforPM
Sorry I didn't reply SueFan but I haven't seen "Hooked on Classics" (hard to imagine sleaze from these classy ladies though).  Any chance you could post it to YMG?

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Yes I'll post any I have that you don't to YMG; apart from all the fun banter this blog is a great way for swops.  I'll not say anything more about Hooked On Classics until you've seen it.

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Steering this thread back on track here are my three favourite funny numbers:

3.  MaNaMaNa - not fond of the song but those expressions are great
2.  Casanova - love the girls whooping and laughing

and No. 1 has to be Egyptian Reggae.  From the four hand maidens doing their Wilson Kepple & Betty impression to the antics of SuLu (or is that LuSu) the camel it just cracks me up from start to finish.

Re: Top 3's

  Heres my 3 fav funnyish numbers.

  3rd--Jungle Rock-- Quite simply because Tony Heartburn looks so uncomfortable in the cooking pot. What a chump!

  2nd--Hands up--Later on stuff this of course. Just love the cheesy double blasts on the colt 45s. Also some nice bending down action, hey guys !

  1st--Ma Nah Ma Hah.-- This is the daddy of all funny stuff. The headgirl shows all her comedic range of funny faces here, and still somehow stays alluring. The other 5 look mega cute with there kiss curls. I adore there range of faces too. This was in my mind one of Flicks best days.

Re: Top 3's

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Suefan,  Sue was the front part of the camel and Lulu was at the back.  I like that video.  the funniest one for my is Lonely Boy.  I really love watching it.  amy x
amy x

Re: Top 3's

Suefan
Amy, thanks for clarifying who was where under that camel skin.

A tricky question neatly resolved.

Re: Top 3's

Kace
Hey Suefan,  I really like Hooked on classics.  It's just abit of fun though it is no way near my all time fav's. kace
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: Top 3's

PattiforPM
I'm still waiting to see this "Hooked on Classics" routine and am getting increasingly keen to do so.  In the meantime I'll offer another Top 3 for the high energy/fun routines by Legs & Co

3.  Turn to Stone - great fun despite some of the worst scenery I can recall

2.  Come On Dance - removing tracksuits, a stroke of genius and did I already mention Ms Hammond's derriere?

1.  It's Still Rock 'n' Roll  -  Just look at those ladies smiling, that non-stop action and the splash of colours here