Top Ten Gill

J&A

Top Ten Gill

J&A
This post was updated on .
Well, I made my favorite list. I don't think there's much surprise for anyone who likes this princess.

#1 Sweet Talkin' Woman - Electric Light Orchestra + Christmas VT Tape 1978.

#2 Please Don't Go - KC and the Sunshine Band.

#3 My Forbidden Lover - Chic.

#4 Dancing Queen - Abba.

#5 Best of My Love - Emotions.

#6 Disco Inferno - The Trammps.

#7 More Than A Woman - Tavares.

#8 Night Fever - Bee Gees.

#9 Silver Lady - David Soul (six dancers).

#10 Working My Way Back To You - Detroit Spinners.

Honorable Mention: Startrax Club Disco - Startrax.

Greetings to all.

Re: Top Ten Gill

I agree Gill had a very good day out in your number 1 `Sweet Talkin' Woman`, id say her best routine in Legs & Co.

I will tell you another Gill thing i like. When the four dancers enter onto the stage for Racey's `Some Girls` in March of 79. I know Rosie gets to do the lip-sync bit, but i have to admit i only have eyes for Gill in that as she interacts really well with singer Richard Gower and looks quite stunning to boot. Great when Richard gestures at her and utters "some girls need a lot of loving". He looked rather fond of the blonde bombshell, don't ya think !

Re: Top Ten Gill

Everything'sRosie
My favourite Gill performance is probably Night Fever. They all look amazing in that one, but Gill is stunning.

Re: Top Ten Gill

For me it's Gill in 'Baby Stop Crying". She gives it 110% and she looks absolutely stunningly beautiful.
Also her moment in "Startrax Club Disco" when she takes to the stage with whoever it is, is always nice to see.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
I agree Gill had a very good day out in your number 1 `Sweet Talkin' Woman`, id say her best routine in Legs & Co.

I will tell you another Gill thing i like. When the four dancers enter onto the stage for Racey's `Some Girls` in March of 79. I know Rosie gets to do the lip-sync bit, but i have to admit i only have eyes for Gill in that as she interacts really well with singer Richard Gower and looks quite stunning to boot. Great when Richard gestures at her and utters "some girls need a lot of loving". He looked rather fond of the blonde bombshell, don't ya think !
I've seen it and I loved it. She gave a good performance and makes him feel as comfortable as possible. When you mentioned that, another moment of another routine came to mind, which is when she takes a guy out of the audience to dance at Startrax Club Disco (1981).
I'll add it to my list as an honorable mention because I love the hairstyle she has and the feeling and dance between the two. They make a nice couple. Of course I like the songs too. I love Bee Gees.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
Everything'sRosie wrote
My favourite Gill performance is probably Night Fever. They all look amazing in that one, but Gill is stunning.
When she turns her hips in the 2:31 minute of Andee Bee's video, maybe it's the best part.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
The Rubberband Man wrote
For me it's Gill in 'Baby Stop Crying". She gives it 110% and she looks absolutely stunningly beautiful.
Also her moment in "Startrax Club Disco" when she takes to the stage with whoever it is, is always nice to see.
I agree with Startrax Club Disco.  The problem with 'Baby Stop Crying' is that I don't like the song at all, but she looks very pretty with her makeup and her dress. Very feminine.

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
<quote author="Mikey">

Re: Top Ten Gill

Nice list J&A.  The Groove would be on my list and I love her in It's Still Rock n Roll too
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
PattiforPM wrote
Nice list J&A.  The Groove would be on my list and I love her in It's Still Rock n Roll too
Thanks PattiforPM.

First I made a top 25 and 'The Groove' was included with 'Love's Unkind', 'Funkytown' and 'The Groove Line', among others.

Re: Top Ten Gill

AC/PD
A popular list you've compiled there, J&A.
Have you seen Supernature yet?
Gill fairly sizzles and shimmies in that particular routine.

Re: Top Ten Gill

TheOtherOne
Good list J&A and it's nice to see some Gill appreciation. I also love her performances in Oxygene, December 63 (see avatar) and her 'Chaplin walk' in Saturday Nite.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
AC/PD wrote
A popular list you've compiled there, J&A.
Have you seen Supernature yet?
Gill fairly sizzles and shimmies in that particular routine.
It is a song I had not heard before. I'm glad if you like Gill in this one. It is an interesting routine.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
TheOtherOne wrote
Good list J&A and it's nice to see some Gill appreciation. I also love her performances in Oxygene, December 63 (see avatar) and her 'Chaplin walk' in Saturday Nite.
 She's lovely. No problem. Those routines are fantastic, especially Oxygene (for me). I saw your avatar, of course, and it makes me happy.
J&A

Re: Top Ten Gill

J&A
TheOtherOne wrote
Good list J&A and it's nice to see some Gill appreciation. I also love her performances in Oxygene, December 63 (see avatar) and her 'Chaplin walk' in Saturday Nite.
Have you seen these pictures before? They're relatively recent: http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/TOTP-50th-Anniversary-Book-Launch-td4049409.html

Re: Top Ten Gill

TheOtherOne
Yes I've seen those pics. Gill is still lovely and I'm rather envious of Old Bill in this photo:

Re: Top Ten Gill

I also like 'Hold On Tight','You Gave Me Love','Sunday Girl','Summer Nights' and 'Spinning Rock Boogie'

Re: Top Ten Gill

This one is from the same event, but doesnt appear on the thread.

Re: Top Ten Gill

Powerful envy fuel here -
12