Tracy Ullman show friday 3rd march including pans send up sketch

Tracy Ullman show friday 3rd march including pans send up sketch

Did anyone else see this Pans send up last night ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08h0cl1/tracey-ullmans-show-series-2-episode-5
It starts about 22.15 and the opening character seems to be like DeeDee. Lets not be too harsh as im sure Rosie said Tracy was a school friend. An 8 from me.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

BeautifulBabs
sorry Canada but im sure Germany can fix the iplayer view

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

VintageVideos
Thanks for this. Missed it last night of course. It was ok I guess. Good they didn't imitate Ruth.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Willoway
Thought it was ok, the series as a whole is very slick, though not quite my cup of tea. The end credits listed Arlene Phillips as choreographer.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

The Rubberband Man
I watched it and thought it was quite funny. Hot Flange could also sing rather than just dance.
Most of the sketch was about getting laughs out of the Yewtree situation, ie. locking dressing doors and avoiding the DJs.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Just watched it BB. Big thumbs down from me im afraid. Cheap laughs at the expense of dancers we admire and the even cheaper pops at the Yewtree situation.

Others may take a different view on the matter, and i would imagine opinion to be split equally on it.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

PattiForPM
BB, Justin's still trying to finalise the Trade Deal with the UK and EU....

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
The song reminded me of "Northern Lights" if anyone remembers it....
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Suefan
Tracy who?

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Dancer
I watched it.  I was about to switch off when the announcer stated about the dancers reappearing after 40 years.  I did not think very much of it.  First time I have watched her and it will be the last.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

surely you watched her in the early 80s Dancer she was hard to miss...?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracey_Ullman

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

but i have to say of the pans people send ups i prefer the french and saunders pans indeedy people one
the best form of flattery is imitation...?

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Everything'sRosie
I finally got around to watching this. Extremely poor show. Didn't like the dancer sketch at all. Nasty and crude.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Rosie'sNumberOneFan wrote
The song reminded me of "Northern Lights" if anyone remembers it....
Always loved that song, and Renaissance also sang the theme tune to The Paper Lads, a children's programme that ran from 1977-79. Does anyone remember it?

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Yes i remember it well CT, it was from Geordie Land.

Here are the opening titles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLEIE8WD0X4

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
We'll be talking about Murphy's Mob next....now there WAS a theme song....
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

Many thanks BB but no television was anathema to me around that time.  I was out or at Secretarial College.  I did not seem to miss much though.  Her singing was good and I always remember her interview in one of the papers saying that "envy is one of Great Britain's worst exports" but the shows are a big thumbs down.  Won't be watching that again.

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

BeautifulBabs
Ok respect for reply dancer ... in  the question and answer somewhere on here Rosie said she was Tracy's room mate or something at stage school.
I really brought this up because it seems to be the only thing about the girls recently

Re: Tracy Ullman show last night

BeautifulBabs wrote
I really brought this up because it seems to be the only thing about the girls recently
Thats a good point BB. Our subject is crying out for something new about our girls. With no new discoveries in terms of routines out there it seems, no books to come out, no television appearances planned, no public appearances in the offing the prospect of something to look forward to is bleak. Still, that comes with the territory of liking a subject that is almost half a century old. On saying that, us fans cant complain to much, we have been quite spoiled with all the above this past 5 years or so.