Troupes Shining in the Background

PattiforPM
Here's the promised thread on PP/RF/L&C accompanying Artists and Groups on stage (and often, if not usually, outshining them completely).  Many examples come to mind but I'd love to see as many as you can come up with.  We've already mentioned Shaking Stevens with "This Ole House"  "Green Door" and "Crazy" (he does manage to hold his own I think) and Gene Farrow in "Don't Stop Now" and "Move Your Body" (he does about as well as a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest) and I'd like to add Plastic Bertrand who seems to be a bit of a nuisance to our ladies in "Ca Plane Pour Moi"   Let's hear your examples everyone

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Patti'sdaughter
There's Gidea Park.  Which I will upload to YMG today.  Oh and Enigma's I Love Music.
amy x

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Nov 81,Happy Birthday- Altered Images. The great Legs and Co end up as Clare Grogans dancing girls. A sad sight for me that.

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

JEZ
legs and co backed tight fit on back to the 60s pt2 and polecats john im only dancing

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Floid Fan
Ruby Flipper time:

Floyd is with Tina Charles, 'Love me like a lover'
The four girls are with Robin Sarstedt, 'My resistance is low'
Floyd, Sue and Lulu are with Paul Nicholas, 'Reggae like it used to be'
Cherry is with Mud, 'Shake it Down'
Lulu is with One hundred Ton and a Feather 'It only takes a minute'
Floyd, Sue, Patti, Lulu and Phil  with David Dundas 'Jeans On'
Patti with Aka Bilk 'Aria'
Sue and Lulu with Paul Nicholas 'Dancing with the Captain'
Lulu with Simon May 'Summer of my Life.'
Carl

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

PattiforPM
Carl I'm impressed, you've become quite the Flipperpedia.  From L&C there's the sexy policewomen on Madness "Shut Up" (wouldn't it have been great if they'd been front and centre and even more arresting).  There's also PP in T-Rex "Hot Love"

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

JEZ
legs accompanied fred wedlock on ryans friday night out song oldest swinger in town and gibson bros mariana

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Rosie and Pauline were banging drums with old Ba Robertson im `Bang Bang`

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

JEZ
pans people did evertbody clap with lulu

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Pans People with Mike Batt in `Summertime city`.

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Hi P4pm, I think I was a little harsh on Gene yesterday as I've just been watching Don't Stop.  Given the foreground fauna I think he probably deserves a little credit just for keeping going.  I'd have been tempted to scoop up one of those baby dolls and take to my balloon...haven't seen Move Your Body.... but I digress.

One of the best accompanying performances for me has to be the Pans tango with Mick Robertson - one of the best routines of all time.

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Maybe you're right about Mr Farrow SueFan, I'd have been swooning and stumbling about the stage standing that close to those beautiful ladies giving me a severe case of "Nightie Fever"      I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to look over your shoulder to watch that Mick Robertson performance either.

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Suefan
What I find a little odd about Don't Stop is that Gene doesn't take more immediate notice of the posse that have him trapped.  Perhaps he was a very well brought up chap, not used to being in such situations whereas, of course, us men of the world are well used to being surrounded by half a dozen scantily clad stunners - happens at least once a week if not more !!

Now hang on SueFan are you talking about your family again?

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Suefan
You've seen right through me :)

legs with kirsty mccolls theres a guy works down the chip shop and with the tweets on birdie song

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Patti'sdaughter
I forgot about them one's Jez.  They are on the DVD that I don't really watch much.
amy x

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

Sue and James Galway, twice to 'Annie's Song'.  Sue with Racy 'Lay Your Love On Me'.

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

JEZ
sharon reds can you handle it a good performance from legs behind her

Re: Troupes Shining in the Background

JEZ
legs did a second version with shaky with five blokes on you drive me crazy or was it this ole house yes i think it was this ole house