Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Young Mister Grace
Hi folks

I'm trying out a new video host (streamable.com) on the latest blog posts:

Strut Your Funky Stuff: http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=327
Kiss You All Over: http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=478

I'm interested to hear any members' experiences of these clips, good or bad.
If you can spare the time, please reply with your impressions.
Info about your operating system (Mac, Windows, Linux etc) and browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc) would help me a lot.
Also any pop-ups or similar annoyances you experience (I'm not getting any, but I'm using an adblocker)

Cheers!
You've all done vey well!

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

The Rubberband Man
Hello YMG

I'm using a Mac Firefox and Adblocker, and both videos play fine for me. When it gets to the end of the vid it goes back to the start and repeats again automatically.
What I did notice is, when you right click and select Download, it doesn't download.... it brings up a new Frame with the video playing in it, where, by right clicking again I can "Save Video As...." The download only takes a few seconds.

All good.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Hi YMG

Just watched both vids without any problems. No pop-up adverts. I'm using Firefox on a PC with Windows 7

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Legsfan
Hi YMG,
Love this new video player, especially that we can download. Works and plays fine on Firefox for Windows 10 and Chrome on iPad.
Very easy to use and no dodgy ads unlike SendVid!
It gets the Legsfan approval, 10/10.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Everything'sRosie wrote
Hi YMG

Just watched both vids without any problems. No pop-up adverts. I'm using Firefox on a PC with Windows 7
Hi YMG, my set up is exactly the same as Everything's Rosie, Firefox on a PC with Windows 7 and have no probs with the new player.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Legsfan wrote
especially that we can download.
That option isn't there anymore on my PC.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

iPad iOS 9.3.5 Safari app. Plays perfectly and instantly with first rate video and sound, the entire file loads extremely fast concurrently in the background.  No ads or pop-ups. Embedded only, no full screen option, no right click to download in this format. Works really well.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

AC/PD
Browsing with Google Chrome on a Windows 7 o/s.
Both videos play perfectly well when ...err...played.
They loop.
When flirting in and out of full screen, the image becomes as depicted below for little more than a second before filling the screen.

No trauma, YMG.

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

All fine here with Firefox & Windows 10.

I get ads now, though I don't have adblocker. At least they aren't dodgy like the Sendvid ones that pop up on my screen saying things like "You've won the Spanish Lottery! Click here to claim" or "Watch this short video and get $$$".

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Thanks for all the feedback folks.

Streamable seems to be a pretty good free video host. For now, anyway.

You've all done vey well!

Re: Trying out new video host: streamable.com

The white hand doesn't disappear when in full screen mode and the looping is a bit annoying but apart from that it plays fine. Using Firefox