Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
"The Birdie Song".  I'd give them tweet tweet.  Of course all good things come to an end but this was hardly a fitting send off.

Much more suitable would have been "You'll Never Know", which is a great effort all round, but unfortunately Patti was still away on her travels for that one.  Perhaps that "Rainy Night in Georgia".  Now the last time I had a haircut in Atlanta the sun was shining but I'm sure it was raining all over the world when the end of Legs on TOTP was decided.  However, again we are a girl short as Rosie has pinched the last taxi and is already back at the hotel scoffing her banana split.

So by my reckoning the last proper routine featuring all six of the final line up was "Caribbean Disco Show".  Now this is much more like it.  Lazing by the pool sipping pina colada as we watch the girls frolic about.  Yes, much more like it indeed.  And Patti finally gets her hands on some fruit.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Hey Suefan, well done on acheiving 1000 posts mate. Most of your posts are very erudite and imformative, and of course   your poetry and fictional stories are most entertaining.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
Thanks Ryan.  I hadn't noticed until now.   Many thanks for your knid words.  Yes, I seem to find all the girls rather inspirational; can't think why :)

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

PattiforPM
Yes congrats SueFan, a fine literary catalogue you have amassed.  As far as the last routine in 1981 I really like I must say it is "Lay All Your Love On Me" and that holy L&C chapel.  The Carribean Disco had a ittle too much smiling for me but the dancing and costumes were great and I'd better not say too much about Patti and the fruit or this Blog will get a XXX rating

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
Bit drafty in that chapel for Suefan.  He'd have needed his long johns.  Much better to lie back on the old recliner pool side and see if Patti can get that banana under control before she falls in.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

PattiforPM
I could really work on that last remark SueFan but once again the censors would collar me.  You have given me an Oscar idea though

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

JEZ
mr p and suefan ,far be it from me to come back and start interfering with your thread but the last legs routine with the six girls was startrax disco club on the 13/8/81 not carribean disco show on the 6/8/81 or did u not like the startrax routine thats why you have bypassed it

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Not sure about Suefan but frankly I had forgotten about it Jez.  It's not bad actually but I do prefer "Lay All Your Love on me"  You see these reminders were missing when you were AWOL so welcome back once again Jez.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Hi Jez, great to hear from you again and thanks for setting the record straight.
Like P4pm I'd forgotten about the Startrax thingy, probably because I hadn't seen it before I started the thread.  However, it arrived in the post one day last week and I like it a lot.  In fact Gill looks so stunning, if she had wanted to pluck me from the audience I'm not sure I could have resisted, other than for casting a longing gaze towards my Benghazi babe.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

JEZ
yes that bloke alex was a lucky guy that night in the audience ,ive always liked this routine and i remember my dad singing along to the massachusetes bit of the song everytime i watched the routine back on video all those years ago

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Yes I'm just watching the Stratrax Club again with my afternoon cuppa.  I also like the way they bring in a chair for the Tragedy  snippet although it lacks symmetry with Lulu playing the victim instead of Rosie.  Having danced with Gill though I think I'd have taken a leaf out of Floyd's book and once in the end of match huddle grabbed my Benghazi babe and made for the exit.  I'm sure nobody would have noticed and Shaky could have made do with just five girls in green rather than six.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Dave
I think the ref at the match might notice you two doing a runner Suefan !!     Dave.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

80schick
The man who danced with Gill on Startrax Disco (Bee Gees) went on to be a TOTPS cheerleader

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Naaar, not old Bates.  He didn't spot Sue's brief disappearing act in Off The Wall don't forget, so I'd take a chance.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
In compiling my Legs list thread it was mentioned that the girls had danced to the "Birdie Song" on 1/10/81, in white costumes, prior to their rendition of this for a second time on 15/10/81, the version that is on the blog sans Sue.  If any member has the first outing I would be grateful if they could tell me which of the dancers appeared in that routine.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

PattiforPM
SueFan the first Birdie Song was done sans Lulu so the five unfortunates in the background were Gill, Anita, Sue, Patti and Rosie

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
Thanks P4pm, would you categorise these as backing routines then?  From the one on the blog, whilst a stinker of a song and given short shrift by FC, the camera work places it as a 'proper' routine in my eyes.

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

PattiforPM
Yes SueFan I'd say the 1/10/81 performance is more of a background one with the "group" such as they are in front of the girls and only fairly fleeting glimpses of our dancers albeit more than some background numbers.  I'll upload it soon and you can judge for yourself then

Re: Tweet Tweet indeed

Suefan
Another absence for lovely Lulu.  My, that girl was fond of her holidays!
Suefan