Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

There is a small group of routines that are currently the rarest of the routines that have footage left. As a stab in the dark I'm listing them below to see if anyone can fill in anymore details about what is left of them.

1970
The Love You Save - The Jacksons
I know that a lot of this exists on the Bob Pratt tapes over dubbed with Mama Told Me Not To Come. Now does anyone know if a complete version with the original song exists or not?
Update: It seems that a clip of the original is on the TV Centre tape, which suggests that the unknown donor may have the full version.

Give Me Just A Little More Time - Chairmen of the Board
There is a small segment of Pan's People at the start of Natural Sinner - Fairweather that is believed to be from this dance. Is that correct and is there anymore of it?
Update: May only be 12 seconds left.

Jimmy Mac - Martha and The Vandelas
I think most people have seen the 21 second clip of this. There is some thought that this may be all there is. Does anyone know if there is a complete version of it somewhere?
Update: Exists somewhere.

Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum (v2)
This appears to exist. Does the BBC still have it and not realise the significance of it, or is it just in private hands?
Update: Exists in private collection.

1972
Let's Dance - Chris Montez
A short clip has been seen on You Tube, does the full version exist somewhere?
Update: Exists somewhere.

1973
Tie A Yellow Ribbon - Dawn
Possibly exists complete with the unknown TV Centre donor.

Also Sprach Zarathustra - Eumir Dodato
Again a clip has been seen of this, I'm guessing that the unknown TV centre donor has this.

I Think Of You - Detroit Emeralds
A colour screen grab has been seen of this. It might be in an archive somewhere, anyone know any more?

Smarty Pants - First Choice
Possibly exists complete with the unknown TV Centre donor.

Daydreamer - David Cassidy
The only evidence is the Rare TV Archive offering money for a copy of it.

1974
I Know What I like - Genesis
A screenshot has been seen, was that taken in the 70's or more recently?
Update: Might still exist.

1975
I Wanna Dance Wit Choo - Disco Tex
Possibly exists complete with the unknown TV Centre donor.

Additionals
Walk In The Night - Junior Walker (1972)
Rumoured survival.
Update: No evidence other than someone thinks they saw it on You Tube, if this occurred it could easily have been an overdub.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
Give Me Just A Little More Time - Chairmen of the Board
I believe the section on the BP tapes is all there is.

Jimmy Mac - Martha and The Vandelas
Posted by Andeebee on Mar 29, 2016; 9:27am.
the whole edition does survive in full.....Jimmy Mack as far as I know is not on the Pratt tapes (but survives as as part of the whole edition), whereas Weavers Answer is on Pratt tapes.

Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum (v2)
? / yes

Let's Dance - Chris Montez
Yes

I Know What I like - Genesis
Less than 3 years ago

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Doc
Jimmy Mac is certainly not listed on the Pratt tape.

I take it that I can update the Genesis line on the surviving list from 'Picture' to 'Restricted' then.
(I suspected that there was a routine I was missing from that year).

All useful info!

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
Doc wrote
I take it that I can update the Genesis line on the surviving list from 'Picture' to 'Restricted' then.
No. It has to stay as pic really.... I don't know its current fate in terms of existing  or not.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

There was supposed to have been the dance of Junior walkers ,a walk in the night that had definitely survived doc ,I've never seen any evidence of this but the story went that it was once shown briefly on you tube ,any thoughts or info on this one anyone

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Jarvis Cockers TV Pop Rules! has a couple of brief other Jimmy Mac clips, in fact their clips are excellent quality. Shame the whole thing is mute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0Hatdru2xk&feature=youtu.be&t=1706

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
Mikey wrote
Jarvis Cockers TV Pop Rules! has a couple of brief other Jimmy Mac clips, in fact their clips are excellent quality.
Is that not the same montage that was created for Digging The Dancing Queens? Maybe they just plundered that documentary, saving a lot of research.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
JEZ wrote
There was supposed to have been the dance of Junior walkers ,a walk in the night that had definitely survived doc ,I've never seen any evidence of this but the story went that it was once shown briefly on you tube ,any thoughts or info on this one anyone
My only thought is that if it's a case of somebody said something, it was supposed to be on Youtube years ago but there is no evidence to back up the story then it should be ignored.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs wrote
Give Me Just A Little More Time - Chairmen of the Board
I believe the section on the BP tapes is all there is.
This has always been my understanding as well.

I guess, apart from I Know What I Like & Daydreamer, we can be pretty sure that the other routines exist in full somewhere. If I had to pick a favourite, above all I'd certainly like to see Jimmy Mack. I know this would be a 10 in my book!

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs wrote
Mikey wrote
Jarvis Cockers TV Pop Rules! has a couple of brief other Jimmy Mac clips, in fact their clips are excellent quality.
Is that not the same montage that was created for Digging The Dancing Queens? Maybe they just plundered that documentary, saving a lot of research.
Ha ha, guess you're right same clips different order, at least posting a master copy meant a better picture (never version on the right)

Looks like this plundering was also on this one, they just replayed the original DTDQ intro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br5hKhWV_W0

Oh, does anyone know what this very brief Flick clip was from, not registering anything with me.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
Mikey wrote
Oh, does anyone know what this very brief Flick clip was from, not registering anything with me.
It's the Who Do You Love location film.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
Thanks PL, not particularly rare then.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Doc
I've updated the surviving list with the information provided so far.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Crikey, how did i miss this info earlier about 10/09/70. Perhaps Popscene could update their list.

There are a few screen grabs here
http://totp1970-1975.blogspot.co.uk/2016/

Looks rather clear that someone has it.

But no Blue Mink?

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Doc
The person who uploaded that used to post on here, but both the blog and his posts stopped in Feb 2016.

Kaleidoscope's database gives the rather unhelpful 16mm colour film, one or more sequences exist but the complete program is lost. It also implies that they don't have any of it.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs wrote
But no Blue Mink?
Good

Only joking, probably just overlooked.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
The only thing listed for that show in the Getty archive is the Aretha Franklin video.