Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

VintageVideos
On that screenshot on the page you linked to, doesn't the girl look a bit like Flick, I wonder?

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Legsfan
I immediately thought that as well.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
Maybe?

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Doc
Unlikely.

Why?

I would put my money on the lady being Flick. Flick just has that look that when you see it, you know its her.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Legsfan
A quick search of the song comes up with no video like this. It must have been a BBC internal film.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
I can't see it myself.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Suefan
Doesn't look like Flick to me.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Doc
I think that people want it to be Flick so they are seeing something that isn't there. I don't think it looks like her.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Legsfan wrote
A quick search of the song comes up with no video like this. It must have been a BBC internal film.
It is, seems like they made a fair few of these, some featuring PP of course.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/video/promo-film-dont-play-that-song-by-aretha-franklin-cpyrt-news-footage/BBC_LLV5628E

Another thing about this episode, it would have been the start of Flicks 4 month hiatus.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Flickish, but certainly not Flick.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PattiforPM
I'm in the not-Flick section too (but more similar than some other imitators!)

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

VintageVideos
PattiForPM wrote
(but more similar than some other imitators!)

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

PansLegs
Mikey wrote
Another thing about this episode, it would have been the start of Flicks 4 month hiatus.
We don't know that for sure do we?

Incidentally, I was thinking there was a lot of audience dancing in those days with no less than three numbers in this episode including the play out and that's in addition to the usual shots during the instrumental breaks of songs. The record seems to be 28/5/70 with four tracks!

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
Not for sure no, but looking at the surviving performances (and photos) from that period Flick does not appear in any, which seems like a representative sample. Here is the list i did last year. I also forgot she was missing in the London Aktual show too.

10/09 Martha and the Vandelas - Jimmy Mac
17/09 Bobby Bloom - Montego Bay
15/10 The Carpenters - Close To You
26/11 Chairmen of the Board - You Got Me Dangling On A String
10/12 The Jacksons - I'll Be There (possible photo)
26/12 Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

Interesting you mentioned the audience dances, in the short Love You Save clip it actually switches to a shot of the audience dancing right in the middle of the routine

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Malta
I just read "The Worst It Can Be Is A Disaster" by Braham Murray and he mentions that Flick choreographed the 3 month run of "Catch My Soul" in Paris.  Not sure of the date but it appears to be in the fall of 1970.  Maybe this explains her absence.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
Thanks for the info Malta, there is an extract online, quite an interesting read. Although it does not mention 1970 specifically, it does say rehearsals were to begin in September and they were living in Paris, which makes sense.

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Mikey
Here is the extract as mentioned

Re: Ultra rare Pan's People routines, any info welcome.

Malta
Thanks Mikey.
123