Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

katy miss queenie
It was on the list of people who have died in 2011 on BBC1 .There were clips of Green River CCR and Want you Back Jackson 5 but also! a clip of film i have never seen before of Flick dancing to some saxaphone music on TOTPs is there any way someone could extract this clip and post it because it was the actual BBC Tribute and it would be nice if it was kept.
 A good new year to all    katy

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

BeautifulBabs
Hi Katy
this should be on i-player for next 7 days or less - when was this on ?
love green river clip and always looking for best quality of this as what is out there I think is rehearsal
great that flick not forgotten on this

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Doubleday
KMQ, I can't seem to find this on iPlayer; as BB says, it should be listed, even if it can't be retrieved. Wonder if you could post a link to it, please, that would be great.

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Boogiebox
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

JEZ
interesting short clip there of flick claire ,which still makes me think there is more in the pp archive that still survives than the databases show ,for instance the clip of pans dancing to barry whites youre the first in big hats and leotards is shown on the tv screen in the background ,and i think im right in saying that when this bbc clip was recorded in 1978 ,that the bbc were no longer junking totp clips ,so the nov 74 pp routine of barry white must still be knocking around somewhere ,as well as this clip of flick dancing

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

RFTK Radio
Had to giggle at the guy dancing round with a capital radio tabard considering it was a BBC tape , and after seeing the girls dancing with the spools of tape , could that be what happened to the missing TOTP episodes ???
what a way to have your cuppa served , by legs & co :-)

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Simon/Yes It's Number One
It's not anything from a Christmas tape, but I couldn't say where it comes from. According to the EPG the rememberance show is next on BBC News at 10.30am tomorrow morning.

I'm pretty sure the Island Girl with gallery talkback clip is online, if it is I'll link to it.

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

PattiforPM
We have Island Girl on the Blog and I think both the gallery version and a clean musical version created by YMG without the commentary.  Posted 12/8/11. (I could link to it but am at work and too lazy sorry) - see Ryan's excellent clickable link to this too.

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

remotecontrol
Its this one that Katie means, Theres some pretty wild dancing goin on and its around the  18:23 mark of the clip... enjoy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b019760b/Review_Review_2011_Episode_4/

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Boogiebox
This post was updated on .

This is definitley a clip of flick from totp that i have not seen before so obviously its still in the tv archives somewhere all i can do at the moment is to narrow down when the performance comes from and by the studio set of totp its from 1970 ,i shall now do some more research work on this

the first clip is from 1970 with flick on her own claire ,the one where pans are dressed in white is from jan 70 dancing to green river it is a rehersal clip from the afternoon and andi goes wrong and forgets her moves a few times ,the one where pp are dressed in orange is 1970 as well and pans are dancing to i want you back ,going back to the clip of flick on her own the scenerey looks as though it was the one that was used in the autumn of 1970 ,can someone do me a favour and listen on you tube to family singing weavers answer ,halfway through there is an instrumental bit ,can anyone detect if it is the same music as flick is dancing to ,ive listened to both a couple of times and im still not sure coz when ive clicked off one song ive forgot what the other one sounded like ,if you know what i mean,im determined to try and find out what the song flick is dancing to ,at first i thought it might be a piece of music the bbc had just added to the clips of pp ,but as there is a saxohone player on the clip i think it possibly the correct song

CONTENTS DELETED

I think you might be on the money there Jez.  Wasn't the 10/9/70 show one that Flick provided the beeb with snippets from some years back when they were after additional Pans material including a bit from "Jimmy Mack".

CONTENTS DELETED

thanks that would be really nice as i am very curious as to what it is.it must be in the archives I am very interested in unseen footage of Flick Colby.katy

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

JEZ
If the piece of music on the link is weavers answer ,then this will be the dance that flick on her own on the clip is performing to

Re: Unseen clip of Flick Colby Dancing in TOTPs

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
I've never seen the solo Flick snippets here before. Can anyone who's able send me a copy of this part of the show so I can put it on the blog? I'm not usually keen on including collaged selections like this, but in this case I think the material is rare enough to make an exception.

YMG
You've all done vey well!
12