VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Once the show has been screened by BBC4 use the Nabble poll below to cast your vote. Any comments on the show go here also. Thanks to POPSCENE for the listings.

This show is introduced by (Janice Long & John Peel) and is first screened Friday 13th July at 19.30 to 20.00. Check other listings for repeat screenings.

USE THE NABBLE POLL BELOW TO CAST YOUR VOTE.

VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86
This poll ends on .

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

sueforever
Not a good one for after watch it before I vote.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

PattiforPM
Level 42 for having the balls to wear that jacket

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Rubbish show. 1986 surely can only get better right ?

I didn't like anything but as im supposed to be hosting a poll its only proper that i at least vote for something. I'll go for Jennifer Rush, nice to look at if nothing else.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Everything'sRosie
Strange to see Mark King without a bass strapped around him. Level 42 just edge out A-ha for me. And incidentally, I have never met anyone who wants to be Sting, then or now. In my experience most people think he's a merchant banker.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

 Pretty dreadful all round, and in my own mind if nothing else, just reinforces my dislike of mid 80s chart music. As I could not vote for John Peel and Janice Long themselves for trying so hard to be enthusiastic- or not in John's case, I have had to look elsewhere. I could also have voted for Jennifer Rush, because she attracted me at the time, but I had already done that a few weeks ago.
  Therefore, what to go for. In the end I  chose Sophia George, for bringing some vibrancy to the proceedings. But that would never have had any hope in a much better week, although there will not be many of those in 1986, I fear.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

CoffeeThing
Not a great start to 1986. Nearly went for the post Jimmy Sommerville Bronski Beat, but in the end, I couldn't resist a Christmas song! So, Shakey gets my vote. Sorry chaps, there's little hope for me.
This week, I are be mostly watching the third place play-off

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

NickGregory92
For me it has to be Level 42, even though Mark King looks somewhat odd without his trademark bass.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

The Rubberband Man
A-ha – “The Sun Always Shines On TV”
They've stuck in my mind more than any of the others.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Who's That Hurll
The sun will be shining on A-Ha this week.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Gorgeous Daze
Close thing for me between A-ha, Level 42 and Bronski Beat, if about as interesting as a Fifth-Place play-off. I've chosen the Bronskis. I prefer Jimmy's replacement.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Rosie'sNumberOneFan
Easily A-ha for me. They were like a breath of fresh air when they came on to the scene. The edition was notable for me for including what must have been Paul McCartney s worst ever song, and also Elton John s worst ever song, both of whom I have never heard before!
When Rosie flares her nostrils

I go weak!

I totally agree about this Paul McCartney dross RNOF

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Everything'sRosie
The film looks rubbish too.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Only a few decent performances for me on this weeks show, i liked Sophia George (check out Blondie's version of this on the extended version of Parallel Lines), Bronski Beat and Level 42 were also good, but my vote goes A-ha and a classic track from them.

Re: VOTE HERE for your Fav TOTPs performance of the week 02/01/86

Not a great program after seen it, but my vote go to Level 42.