WE`RE ALL ALONE -- [August]

WE`RE ALL ALONE Dance/performance number 54 by Legs & Co
Performed by  Rita Coolidge and reaching number 6 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date 11/08/77 Duration of dance 2.48 mins
Dancers --  Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie, Sue.

Pauline 52                       Lulu 51
Rosie 52                          Gill 48
Sue 52                            Patti 48
A link to the dance http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBufaWpNO_c

Well i have to admit this is one i hardly played, im not sure why, but ive grown rather fond of this just lately. I think i never really appreciated how difficult it must have been for FC to come up with choreography that was floor based only. I reckon it must have been a hard task for the girls to get those consecutive flowing moves just right, a split second out and it shows up so clearly in a dance like this. Okay one of our girls did slightly get lost towards the end and my keen eye noticed it, best not name her. Highlight of this one was Gill on her back looking back towards the camera. In every routine Gill looks gorgeous, but every now and again, she looks breathtakingly stunning and this was most defiantly one of those occasions. What a terrific song also and that prompts me to award this 8.75 out of 10 in my watchable ratings.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Paperboyplod
There's certainly a yoga theme going on here with the girls assuming all manner of various contorted poses, not really any dancing throughout this routine, & their costumes are fairly diminutive, but what we have here is a very pleasent, & sensual piece of Legs & Co. craftswomanship, even if the yogic connections to the accompanying song are lost on me!

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Adorable Gillusion
One of my favourite routines. Just love the song and the movement of the girls, who look so beautiful. Special mention to Gill for the two lovely glances to camera :) 8/10

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

PattiForPM
Simple yet brilliant, smooth and serene and totally in sync with this lovely song.  This is a really relaxing experience and so well done by this shapely crew.  I really am completely enamoured of this performance and it is one of my favorite calming manouvres.  I have rarely seen the ladies look more beautiful together and this floor routine just plain works.  9.5/10

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Floid Fan
I don't think it's right to say there is no dancing going on in this routine. There is a hell of a lot going on and it's all very subtle and extremely complex. This is a much more difficult and challenging routine than it might look at a superficial level. Like I said in another thread this very much looks as though it demands the same kind of skills as synchronised swimming. It is all done almost faultlessly as the moves all match together with the utmost body flexibility.
An extremely good routine: 9.5 out of 10.
Carl

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Suefan
I have to agree with FF on this one.  And the costumes are rather nice as well.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Old Bill
It's nice I suppose....

The pity with this one is that the cleverness of working out a floor routine and (I suppose) the technical difficulty of performing floor based moves when you're used to letting your feet and legs do all the work, for doesn't really pay off in to a great routine.
I think you can sense it too, i'm not sure how much they're enjoying it - there's nothing better than a good dance to some thumping music. Jumping around to a beat getting a good work out is as old as the hills because it's great fun, but rolling around getting dirty on a cold floor can't be as much as a giggle can it?

But having said that they do great, like Ryan says you have to stay in sync with a slow 'change of position' style dance like this (I made that term up - does it make sense?) for the main part they do. Ok, so someone misses a beat towards the end, but as she-who-shall-rename-unnamed can do no wrong in my eyes I'm tempted to blame the others for going off early :-)
In her defence though, at that particular moment she's got her back to the other girls. It's easy to get everything right when you 4 or 5 cues to go off, so I shall forgive her. I'd forgive her anything mind you.... sigh. <3.

Gill's look at the end is heart-melting. Flick's been clever, the girls done well, but despite all that I may be all alone in giving it a lowly 4.5 / 10.
Jeremiah 31:13
Stu

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Stu
This is one that's grown on me quite a bit. And it's one of those where both the song and the girls beautiful routine leaves me feeling nostalgic for this period of time.

7.5/10

Stuey

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Andeebee
damn, I didn't rate this - how silly of me - 10 for me - love this so much

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

VintageVideos
Rita Coolidge did a much better version of this Boz Scaggs original than the man himself. This is a 'lie down' performance - for the girls at least! Unusual but good. 8/10
Vin

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Doc
A nice variation on the usual style of dances. An 8.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

PaulF
The song calls for a graceful routine and it was typical Flick out of the ordinary routine performed well by the girls. Lovely shot of Gill at the end. 8/10
Paul

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Who's That Hurll

There had been some grumblings about the quality of the performances around the summer of 77, but this interpretation of Rita Coolidge's song would have put all those doubts away. The opening sequence, with the ladies all rising up to the sitting position in perfect symmetry, has to be one of the best ever starts to a routine. The glacial floor and starfield background give an otherworldly feel to the routine and Gill historians will have surely noted that gleaming smile to the camera a few seconds before her close up profile comes into view.These delightful Lizzies proved the girls were back in town!.
9/10  DOTD Gill.
WTH

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Suefan
And I haven't changed by opinion since September last.... I'm still in full agreement with FF !  These innovative excursions are one of the reasons Flick was such a successful and influential choreographer in my view so this rates as a 9.5.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Aah, i miss the SF & FF show, that was always entertaining

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Old Grey Whistler
A nice tranquil routine to a lovely ballad, this dance has elements of yoga and even reminds me a bit of synchronised swimming! I think these slow routines are possibly the most difficult to get right as any mistakes tend to be more noticeable.  Even though there was a small mistake towards the end, I have no problem in awarding this 9 out of 10.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Colm
Very subtle, yet sublime.

Score: 9

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Angie
Not keen on the song but love the routine, set and outfits!

7.5/10

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Lookmacinanger
You can just never tell what’s around the corner. I personally was surprised to see a routine based on the fundamentals of a yoga class for this track. We even had Lulu in full mediation mode at one point perhaps she was seeking a better place. Anyway it was different so I will acknowledge that, also I’ve got over the experience now 6/10.

Re: WE`RE ALL ALONE -- 1977

Mikey
A nice chilled song to mellow out too as advised by the Kid. Legs and Co dressed in alternating orange and blue outfits perform a fully floor based yoga themed routine. I think i mentioned something along those lines when discussing Cool Meditation, not realising they had already done it before and much better. Sometimes its nice to just sit back and admire the ladies doing their thing without too much of a critical eye, as the movements here are fluid and the in sequence turns performed with split second timing, not an easy excercise when you cannot always see the other dancers.

Excellent stuff 9/10