WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

VintageVideos
Indeed... and did you know that Toni Tennille of Captain & Tennille fame was one of the backing singers for that album!?
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
I know she did the Wall at the end of the 70's Vin . I think Claire Torrey did the memorable vocals for the Great Gig in the Sky.
Jim

Ouch... it seems I mixed something up here
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

AC/PD
I have been enjoying The Sound Of Silence but that's now been shattered by the interminable wail of a car/building alarm.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

mojo2007
most of you are too young to recall Cyril Davies but I managed to get a recent memorial CD. The best blues harmonica  man in UK  of 1950s 1960's , died far too young.  not a dud track in the 50.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

PattiForPM
I love Blues harp but I guess I must be too young to recall this guy so thanks for the tip Mojo

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
Ultravox - Young Savage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1OX4EnGfU

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

VintageVideos
Pan's People - The Singer Not The Song

(sorry I didn't find a YT link for that song)
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Fantastic Mikey!  John Foxx's Ultravox are awesome.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Doc
Listening to a semi random list of 60 songs on the ipad (not quite random as it's ones I've rated 3 or over).  Quite a good mix so far, notable songs are:
Love You Inside Out and Tragedy- Bee Gees (can't help but see Sue with the parasol)
Get Lucky - Daft Punk (one of the best songs from 2013)
Two Tribes - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (couldn't get enough of this back in 1984)
You Take Me Up - The Thompson Twins
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
Live And Let Die - Paul McCartney and Wings (Excellent Bond theme)
So You Win Again - Hot Chocolate
Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas
California Girls - Katy Perry (nice eye candy for the 2000's)
A fair mix of the decades!

I've recently been going very retro and showing a lot of interest in the big hits of the 60's. With the help of some compilations and streaming services like Spotify I've worked through all the No.1's of the decade and was surprised how many I already knew and that most of them are pretty good songs (with a few duffers, I'm looking at you Des O'Connor!). I think I've pinned down the two earliest records I can remember hearing on the radio. They were Sandie Shaw - Puppet on a String and Cinderella Rockafella - Esther and Abi Ofarim (the second was probably because it is so odd)!
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

SuPaLu
Speaking of Esther & Abi Ofarim,Doc,i like Esther's version of Barry Gibb's 'In The Morning'.

  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=He7Q7VzVUbw

Pan's People - He's Got Magic
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
Vin, Have you got the whole catalogue? (well all 3)

http://www.45cat.com/artist/pans-people

What the heck is club lido, is it like club tropicana

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

VintageVideos
No I don't have Club Lido (yet). This must be by Dee Dee Wilde's Pan's People, thus I'm not really that interested (although I would like to hear it). Some copies are offered on discogs but the price is too high for me.
I have the other two singles, and I like both of them. The B-sides are very nice as well.
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

VintageVideos
I actually prefer the Pan's People version - but then I may be a bit biased .

I think the only PP track on YT is You Can Really Rock And Roll Me. I haven't found any of the others.

I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED

I will start a thread on Pan's People recordings (three singles, some different versions, different covers) during the next few days where I will try to post all the information that is available plus images of the pictures. I think it's time to gather all the information in one place which is now spread over several different threads here.

CONTENTS DELETED