WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me

Doc wrote
Listening to a semi random list of 60 songs

Two Tribes - Frankie Goes to Hollywood (couldn't get enough of this back in 1984
Two Tribes album from 84 was quite brilliant Doc. I too played it to death back then. Thanks for reminding me about it.
My Daimler 's stereo system was quite special at that time. Those Frankie tracks really did sound amazing played in it. It's definitely something I'd like to be playing now.
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Ive clicked onto Youtube and im enjoying two albums in one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro_qMEyvP30

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

sueforever
Am listern to lot of Elton John.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

PattiForPM
I'm engrossed in Skeeter Davis of End of the World fame.  I have a weakness for these 60s lady crooners

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

I'm now listening to this album. Just click the link and i think ive commented a few times on this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30jrNFhEYuM

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
Another of my often plays, Curved Air - Melinda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X-gDqRXy54

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

sueforever
A great band Mikey.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
I do need to listen to more of their stuff, other than this and Backsteet Luv, i'm sure there are loads more good songs.

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

VintageVideos
Their performance of Back Street Luv on Beat-Club is just awesome
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUnjMI81vAA

Yes... I'm sure there must be a better quality copy somewhere out there
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Mikey
Popol Vuh - Letzte Tage, Letzte Nachte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2JnTD4rooc

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Jiu Jitsu Calypso by King Timothy

From London Is the Place for Me, Vol. 6: Mento, Calypso, Jazz & Highlife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCMdnQHmfcE

You've all done vey well!

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
Some of the finest sounds I heard in 2014 were the result of a tribute back to going back to February 1964. I can't help but revisit these ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dKOoDBm4YR0

Something by the Beatles:
Highly talented musician Jeff Lynne sings with super harmonies from Dhani Harrison supported by fabulous guitar by Joe Walsh.
This is wonderful....
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
Back to the 2014 tribute of 1964 and some more magic guitar instrumentals:

I can't get enough of this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sxqzMYjjkW8

Jeff Lynne & Dave Grohl
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
Staying with the Beatles theme, listen to this from 2004:
Very fine guitar instrumentals from some of the finest artists...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Tom Petty, Jeff Lynne, Steve Winwood & Prince 2004
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
50 years on from the Ed Sullivan show, the tribute to the Beatles showed off the finest musicians crafting exquisite reproductions of these much loved Beatles songs. For me they were the best sounds from last year 2014. The voice of Joe Walsh and his guitar playing are a joy.

While my guitar gently weeps....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2y2pqGBdno4

Joe Walsh, Dave Grohl & Garry Clarke
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

L&C4me
Here's a link to the Ed Sullivan website with info of the event 50 years ago when the Beatles stormed America:

Feb 1964

https://www.edsullivan.com/the-beatles-on-the-ed-sullivan-show-%e2%80%93-emmys-tribute/
Jim

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

Heartthrobfan wrote
kind of related but Heart throb did release a 45 of Ain't It Strange, a cover of the Bay City Rollers song with Disco Kid as the B side on Velvet Records in 1977. Not sure if it was the girls singing or a studio singer thou, and no I'm not really a BCR fans lol...
I just noticed that two copies of that record are currently on offer on discogs. No picture cover though...

http://www.discogs.com/sell/release/3772114?ev=rb
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: WHAT YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW !

PattiForPM
Now on my turntable (Ok it's a CD player but you know what I mean) is New York by Lou Reed.  Very good I think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZRxjpxccF0