Quantcast

Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

WELCOME TO NEW USERS

   Welcome to all new users to the forum. Please feel free to add your comments to threads or start new discussion topics yourself. A brief history of `One For The Dads`. The actual blog itself was created by our founder Young Mister Grace in the summer of 2008, as a platform to view not only Pans People & Legs & Co clips, but all TV dance troupes from the 60s, 70s and 80s. The collection of clips built up steadily and interest in the blog really picked up pace in the Autumn of 2010, so much so that YMG started OFTDs very own discussion forum in December of that year. At first this was quite slow, but momentum soon picked up in early 2011, and we now have a regular stream of users, all enthusiastic about our choosen subject, namely TOTPs dancers and the splendid dances they performed.
   We encourage all new input into the forum, whether youve been a fan for many a year or are a new fan who has just recently discovered the dancers via the TOTPs repeat shows. You will find the forum easy to use and the members here will welcome you warmly.

   A MESSAGE TO HOPEFULLY CLEAR UP CONFUSSION.

There has been a lot of confusion of late over old posts from the early days of the forum.These posts are from two people claiming to be members of Legs & Cos immediate family.Can i just make it clear to new and old users alike, that those claims were just sheer fabrication and completely untrue.Two or three forum members have asked me to point this out and i agree, it should have been dealt with a long time ago.Unfortunately, we early forum members were fooled by them, and naively took their word for it.I could delete their posts, but it would mean deleting whole threads, this i feel is unfair to members who posted with good faith. The people responisible should in my view, delete them. Can i just also make this fact clear, the two who posted these comments were not adults, so i feel we can cut them some slack, so to speak and i hold no ill will towards them.

Re: Welcome Message to new users

danar
A huge hi to all.

I'm a 39 year old father of two from Birmingham. As you may of gathered from my avatar I am a Lulu fan and a fan of totp dance troupes in general.

I'm looking forward to expressing my admiration for the talents and efforts of these lovely beauties. Anyways, I have deliberately kept this introduction short as I'm concerned that if I make it any longer, it will read as a profile for eHarmony.

See you guys and gals out there!

Re: Welcome Message to new users

74benja81
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Welcome Message to new users

Adorable Gillusion
A very warm welcome from me too Danar  Good to see a another Lulu fan on the blog...nice avatar btw. Hope you enjoy your stay on OFTD

Re: Welcome Message to new users

Paperboyplod
A warm welcome from me as well, this time in the correct thread.

Re: Welcome Message to new users

Again a warm welcome from me as well, always nice to welcome new members here who are taking the time to introduce themselves. I understand you are a Lulu fan, but being the host of the Pan's People comments section, I hope that you can spare the time and interest for a quick side-trip there from time to time
Vin

Re: Welcome Message to new users

PattiForPM
Welcome from me too Danar to this home from home for Pans, Legs and Ruby fans.  Feel free to visit the Ruby Flipper comments too, where I'm host and where we talk about Lulu sometimes too!

Re: Welcome Message to new users

Hotpoint
Welcome Danar

Re: Welcome Message to new users

Danar, may i ask you a question. I see in your intro you are just shy of 40, so i take it you don't remember Lulu and the girls first time around ? Have you become a fan through watching Legs & Co on the BBC4 reruns or have you always had an interest in the dancers ?

Not sure how well you know the site here or the forum, but here is a couple points of interest.

1-You will find just about any surviving routine on OFTDs blog regarding Pans, Legs, Ruby etc. An easy way to access these is by clicking on the `Clickable Links`, they can be found easily towards the top of the forums first page. Also on there you will find links to our Youtube channel which is run by Andebee.

2-Another popular forum activity is `comments on Legs & Co, Pans People and Ruby Flipper`. These are updated weekly, if you want to check them out, again look towards top of forum.

You will find the folk here friendly and helpful, oh and we all LOVE LULU.

Re: Welcome Message to new users

A warm welcome Danar. Good to have another West Midlander here!

Now you're the new boy perhaps this lot will stop ducking my head down the toilet. I jest, of course. You'll find this a friendly place and we're all united by our love of those wonderful ladies.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

PaulF
Hi guys
Just joined this fabulous forum, really brings back fond memories of beautiful and talented ladies from my youth.
Thanks for keeping the interest for the girls going they deserve it, nothing cheers me up better than clips of Legs & Co or Pans People (after 1974).
Paul

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Andeebee
Hi PaulF

and welcome to the forum, do you navigate around very easily, and log votes on dances from 1976 to 1978, and don't forget to view the channel.

ADB

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hi Paul,

just a quick welcome from me, great you found your way here.
Vin

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hi from me also Paul. Im glad you have found us, this is a very friendly forum with old and new fans alike. Please have a browse about. Pay particular attention to the pinned sub forums at the top of the forum, that's were most things happen.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Just as a matter of interest Paul, can you tell us how you came across this site ?  Was it through a search, or maybe through our Youtube channel or you just stumbled across us ?

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

PaulF
Hi Ryan, I have to confess to being a massive Sue fan, and found this site via a search. Is it too late to leave a question for the goddess on the Questions for Sue thread ?
Paul

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

No Paul, the thread is open until Thursday evening. So please leave a question if you wish.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hi PaulF, welcome to OftDs.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Welcome to OFTD's, Paul.
I think you'll find this site invaluable.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

PattiForPM
Not wishing to overwhelm, but welcome to OFTDs from me too Paul