Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

AC/PD
Welcome to OFTD' s , Mr Chips.
For all your dance troupe requirements, this is the place to be. Have a lifetime pass.
By all means broaden your alliances but there's certainly no need to step away from the Pauline (a fine and correct choice)
Plenty to discover about your favourite dancer and her top class colleagues on here over time.
Get cracking!

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Welcome from me to E&C. Debbie Linden was another of those cracking glamour babes from the 80s who i seem to remember. Fond memories of page 3 and all that. Now that really does feel in the not so dim and distant past.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Doc
and of course YMG's secretary! Such a sad demise.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Welcome Eggandchips!
I'm sure you will have a very pleasant time on here!

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Darrelljp
Hi would like to introduce myself, I have been hanging around here like a bad smell for probably over a year, thought it was rude to carry on in that vein!

I'm Darrell, always been a big music fan but do not watch much TV these days, so was gutted to find out that I'd been missing TOTP reruns, finally noticed when we hit early 1980 I think it was. My earliest memories of TOTP are from late 1982 (4 years old) so I missed much of the dance troops. Anyway when I've been watching the reruns I would always look forward to the Legs and Co routine, even though some of their routines are extremely cheesy, and some are really brilliant, I've really enjoyed them all, and was gutted like I'm sure most of you have been when they had to leave the show.

I think they have had a lot to do with the fact that I am now actively trying to collect as many episodes of TOTP as possible, so thanks to the girls and I very much respect the fact that from time to time they contribute to the forum also. Will share opinions on my favorite dancer and routines in the right places!

I cannot pretend to know anywhere as much as you folks about the troops but happy to learn! Also hope to get info about availability of certain old TOTP shows etc if that is acceptable at some point.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

VintageVideos
Hi Darrell and welcome to the forum. You made the right decision to join the friendly OFTD family. I hope you'll enjoy your time here. Although we're not a TOTP forum in the first place, we regular talk about the repeats. Some of us do collect the shows and may be able to provide the info you're looking for.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Legsfan
Hello Darrell, Welcome!
It's nice to see another fan of the dancers joining the OFTD's forum. I'm sure you will have a very good time on here

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Darrelljp wrote
I cannot pretend to know anywhere as much as you folks about the troops but happy to learn!
Hi Darrell and welcome, always nice to hear newer fans wanting the learn more. Thing is a lot of our new members who have taken the plunge to join never actually make it of this introduction thread. This could be due to them not really knowing were to begin. Might i suggest a good place is the individual dance comments sections in which members make a few comments about the routine, give a score rating out of 10 and select a dancer of the day. When i say comments, im not suggesting a long thesis, just a couple of sentences will be more than fine.

These sections can be found between the 9th to the 12th line down on the forums first page. As i say, its a easy way to get your post count up and running. As for wanting to learn more, well what better place than out LISTS section, packed full of interesting info, and our picture section is quite outstanding. I notice you say you've been looking in for over a year, so you probably know this anyway.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Welcome from me too, Darrell. You have made the right decision in registering. Being an anon is okay for a while but it is so much better when you can be part of the discussion. I wouldn't worry about any lack of knowledge of the dancers as quite a few of us were in that position when we started.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Good to see your post and welcome from me too Darrell.  Great to hear that you started as more of a general music fan and were wooed by these lovely Dancers.  I can tell from your post that you might have some firm opinions and it would be good to hear these as Ryan suggests

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

brandonb
Hi Darrell, welcome! Nice to see a younger member discovering the fun of the dance troupes. It just goes to show their appeal extended longer than the BBC realised and still does to this day. I am sure you will use the site to explore and fill in gaps in your knowledge (from the sound of it you already have been). Like Ryan I recommend the review sections... if you participate in those and read other peoples comments and look at the routines more closely you'll soon find yourself becoming an expert on the routines and the dancers - have fun!

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Darrelljp
Thanks for all the welcome messages- I think the reason I took so long to contribute was that I did not expect to enjoy their dances so much and was trying to work out why I did- and never came up with an answer! I think in essence it comes down to the fact that, especially on best dances of theirs that I have seen (and I very much doubt I've seen half of them yet) that, whether or not they did actually enjoy performing them, a overwhelming feeling of enjoyment is something they seem able to convey through the TV screen. I have my favourite girl, and my favorite dancer- will share them in the relevant places at some point :)

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

stud1al
Hi.I'm Alan
I used to watch TOTP when i was a kid but my family moved to Australia when i was 11.I didn't see TOTP again for almost 30 years when they  had a few classic episodes on Foxtel (pay tv) (Must have been around 1998)
About a month ago i found an episode or 2 i had on tape and that's when i began looking for more vids of  all the dancers  and came across  this great site.And some of them post here.Fantastic !

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Sue Menhenick
Welcome to the OFTDs Alan, it's always good to see some new people posting .....

I say it all the time, but you will find this a great website for the TOTPs dancers , full of true and accurate facts and data. They are all a very friendly bunch, helpful and not averse to some gentle bantering on the TOTPS history ( and other topics !)
It's the only creditable site that continues to celebrate those wonderful days and dancers of the TOTPs era of late 60s throughttomid 80s and beyond ...... There are all the routines that were ever done for you to see ( a small selection have been wiped and lost ) but the majority are all there .....enjoy.
Everyone is very welcoming and will no doubt help and guide you through the many threads of this impressive site. Any questions, just ask Ryan, or any of the team and they can help you.

Look forward to seeing some more posts from you ...... Welcome to OFTDs !

                                    Sue 😉

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Pan Fan
Hello,

I'm new. I worked at the BBC in the 70s and early 80s moving furniture and SW energy mainly. I retired about 10 years ago...

The Pand people girla and Legs and co we're alway very nice ladies and had a word for everyone even the lowly. I live in Ireland now and I found this group whe I was looking g up  a woman called Patience Bradley who's got s book out over here. In all the papers she says she was in Legs and co and they were the ones I knew best. Glad I found the site as I knew it wasn't true...

I likesd all the ladies and Lulu was my favourite Legs (Dee Dee my favourite Pans) I got a few pics autographed at the time, my wife has forgive me! Nice to find you...

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hi, Alan. You don't get a much better welcome than one from Sue!

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

stud1al
Thanks Doc and  thanks very much,Sue for the welcome.That made me very happy :)

Hello Pan Fan and a big welcome. Always great to have another Lulu fan joining the Forum

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

MADMAX
Hi All
           Have just registered the other day, I’m a Western Australian, of the same vintage as the lovely girls of Pans and Legs. I only found out about them about eighteen months ago, while looking on Y/Tube for dancing routines. Later on, I found this site which is a ball of information. To the best of my knowledge, TOP was never screened in Aus. So all this is new to me.  As far as having a “favorite” its to soon to say, seems to change every month as I am still studying the form! At the moment I’m stuck on “Lost in Music” with Pauline, who is just oozing sexiness its dripping from my screen!!  She always seems to be a happy lady with a great smile.
I also liked the Q&A that was done with some of the girls, very interesting.
That’s all from me at the moment, what a great site! I will be visiting often.
                                            MM

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Legsfan
Hi MadMax and welcome!
I hope you enjoy your time on here
I'm sure you already know about the 'Watch the routines on this thread' section which has all the routines just one click away!

Welcome to the OFTDs!