Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Legsfan
Belated greetings Michael. Welcome to OFTDs and I hope you enjoy your time here

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hello Everybody
  Thank you for your kind replies to my postings, it does make a newbie to this site very welcome. For my last post I had planned to make a kind of statement in a similar vein, and had ideas floating around my mind the day before about what to put and how to put it. But, of course, when the time came to compose the post I had forgotten a number of things I had considered writing and only to remember them later. My memory can be shocking these days!!
  As a way to introduce myself a little more I thought the following may help. Even though I was too young to remember them first time round, I very much enjoy the early 'hippie-style' dancing as performed by Pan's People. This will come as no surprise to anyone who knows me. My wife has sometimes called me an 'old hippy', and I always tell people that popular music was at its greatest and most productive and inspirational from the years 1965 to 1975- at it's broadest period. ( Which does fit in nicely with Pans, by the way ). I was 16 in 1976, and in that year left school, started work and began to be more interested in other kinds of music beside the chart music of the day- in particular folk music which I started to enjoy early in 1976 and still do to the present. All this may help in an explanation as to why I never really became interested in the later dancing groups. That and the obvious fact that I was becoming older and more independent and bloody-minded/stubborn, I suspect, and other things started to occupy my time in the evening- like the pub!
   I was also going to add that, as a defender of the 1970s I do get annoyed when the things you hear about the decade are only the 'three-day-week' or 'power cuts', etc. Yes, these things did happen for a short period but they did not last for the whole 10 years!!
   Also, if anyone saw the original previous message they might know that I changed my description of Dee Dee twice. The first was a word which, when I checked for a definition gave a different and negative meaning to that intended, I never use it in that way, but if it was possible to misinterpret it had to go. The second attempt I was never totally happy about and so arrived at the third try- that of 'seductive'. Now, when you watch Dee Dee on the clips of her dancing- you try and tell me she is not trying to seduce me!!
   Hope all this helps.
           Michael.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Old Grey Whistler
I agree with you concerning the 1970's, Michael. The thing is, the majority of people who criticise that decade weren't actually born at the time.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

Hanway2
Hello, a quick question for those who might know.
I have sent a private message to someone, how wil I know if I have received a reply?
Is it very obvious or is there something specific I need to look out for?
Michael.

Re: Welcome Message to new users/Introduce Yourself

VintageVideos
All private messages on here will be sent by email to the recipient so you will also receive the reply by email (and you will ).